What's your house champagne?

Lallement NV

Bereche NV

Lassaigne Les Vins de Monteguex

Agrapart

Larmandier-Bernier (and again in agreement that the Longitude is worth the $$$, and we drink a decent amount of the Terre Vertus bottling)

The aforementioned Moncuit

I try to mix it up, but if I had to pick two that I prefer:

Marc Hebrart 1er cru BdB
Bereche NV

1 Like

Lately, this.

Lately, this

For some reason we can source the Krug 375ml in PR for $45. At that tariff it is our house bubbles.

This may be me pretty soon, but they need to fix their email system! Keep getting left out [diablo.gif]

drool…
how…

champagne.gif

Krug Rose.

CAVEAT - while I do enjoy the occasional run of fancy tastings, I do not drink wine daily- nor even on a regular basis. So “house champagne” around here translates into a bottle every 4-6 weeks at most.

Often the NV Chartogne-Taillet, though I have been enjoying the 2011 Michel Gonnet BdB.

Pretty much. I love champagne, and we drink a fair amount, but I like variety. I suppose I have been a return customer to the Bara rose over the years for value and quality but even there it was never what I’d call a house wine

For this week, my answer is:

• NV Ployez-Jacquemart Extra Brut Rosé (house wine until it’s gone)

Our house wine varies as we consume those we love and can buy in moderate quantity. Here’s a partial list of other recent house champagnes:

• NV Vilmart Cuvée Rubis

• NV Goutorbe Brut Rosé

• NV Philipponnat Brut Non-Dosé

• 2000 Lanson Noble Cuvée Blanc de Blancs; almost all gone

• NV Paul Dethune Brut Rosé; last year’s favorite; almost gone

• NV Coutier Champagne Grand Cru Blanc de Blancs Brut (my guess: the only reason this isn’t praised here regularly is availability. A Q/P king.)

Cheers,
Warren

I don’t really have one, but the closest thing that qualifies is ive drunk a lot of bottles if Varnier-Fanniere BdB GC over the last couple of years.

Anything Vilmart.

Delamotte

Same here, although I have been getting half bottles of NV Bollinger.

I second Jacquart brut if you can find it cheap, as well as Clouet. I want to say Jacquart is a coop and not a grower, but I may be wrong. I think with you liking Heidsieck, you would like Clouet as its a pinot heavy grower.

Funny that you mention it, Frank. I stopped into Envoyer during my February vacation and chatted with Greg. It was my first time meeting him after nearly 10 years of buying wines from him! As a present, he gifted me a bottle of the 2012 Vazart-Coquart (I misspelled it previously) Grand Bouquet. It is indeed a great wine! Let me know if you don’t clean him out, I’d probably take a couple more myself.

***Note to self - next time I’m back visiting family/friends in Orange County, try to hook up with the strong WB crew there!

I’m with you lads. I don’t have house champagne. I guess I have more 2010 Suenen BdB than anything else, so that’s the current house. But it’s been Hebrart at times, Chartogne at times, Roederer at times. Just whatever is good and a good deal.

Really?

Same here. I order a mixed case when I run low, mix the price points and the labels, and consume away.
Sometimes I ask my Champagne enabler to select a case for me, giving him a guideline as to total $ I want to spend. Then it is a surprise when the big brown truck arrives.

Cuvee Fidele Extra Brut (from Magnum)