when drunk how to sober up ?

Alcohol and pain killers are a bad combo, especially if taking the latter to forestall a hangover.

Get a headache suppository and shove it up your ass. Instant relief.

Spicy tofu soup and excedrin.

Everything looks like that, in the toilet.

We used to drink that with Vodka when I was in university.

Mitch’s disease was worse than alcoholism. Or, same thing I guess, just to a drug that grabs you much more quickly and kills you just as.

I read somewhere the other day that what he was like on-stage was just what he was like off. That that’s just who he was, and it was always on.

Fascinating mind, his, and I think one of the greatest comedians of my lifetime. I think I only saw him once on TV when I was growing up - Letterman? And then he died a bit later. Anecdotally it feels like there’s been a bit of a resurgence in appreciation towards him in the last couple of years - I see him quoted quite a bit these days.

RIP dude.

His material ranks with the very best ever. I don’t think his stage presence and delivery were particularly strong, though. It’s almost funnier reading his lines than seeing video of him.

[cry.gif] Or church steps.

Completely agree Chris. On the one hand actually enjoyed his delivery. But it’s almost like a wine you enjoy intellectually - more than a glass and you want to switch to something else.

Tylenol/Acetaminophen is the one that you really, really, really do not want to take in combination with alcohol. My understanding is that the others aren’t so bad.

I don’t want to die in a Super 8 motel

The comedian whose material is the most similar to Mitch Hedburg in my opinion – Steven Wright – had a perfect delivery for those types of lines. He’s considerably funnier to see perform than to read his lines (though reading them is still great).

1 Like

”It’s a small world, but I wouldn’t want to paint it.”

Yes, Tylenol/acetaminophen with alcohol can cause real liver damage. Advil/ibuprofen with alcohol carries some ulcer risk. (Caveat: I’m not a doctor. I just play one online.)

Whose wine? What wine? Where the hell did I dine?

RT

Who are you?

I really wanna know

1 Like

The trick is to stop drinking and wait

1 Like

I must be the only one but, WTF IS THIS THREAD ABOUT?!? Did someone, a first time poster, come on an ask about hangover cures or something? I must have missed it. That, or I’m a moron…which is entirely likely.

What happened to the OP?