Which Burg vintages to drink in 2022?

So my views on the whites:

2019: hold, other than for experimental purposes, across CdB and Chablis
2018: expect these to still be “hard” and therefore hold across all levels, just like above
2017: less serious regional CdB and Village Chablis will be drinking well, though no hurry
2016: too heterogenous to say!
2015: hold, except for less serious regional and Village wines
2014: hold
2013: many wines drinking well up and down the spectrum, very young but already good
2012: many wines drinking well up and down the spectrum, generally fleshy and ready
2011: drink regional, Village and 1er Crus, the latter just starting maturity
2010: drink regional, Village and 1er Crus, some Grand Crus - vintage has generally matured much faster than I would have thought on release
2009: drink regional, Village and 1er Crus (starting maturity) and some Grand Crus (variable)
2008: pretty great right across the board right now and in 2022 I expect
2007 and older: drink up, wines that would benefit from more age are few and far between

2 Likes

I love 2010 as a vintage and the wines I have had taste promising. But, other than a few lesser wines (like an out of the world Cecile Tremblay Bourgogne Rouge), I feel like the wines will be better in the future. I agree that this is not a weighty vintage, but rather a more elegant one, but I disagree on the concentration of the wines. They have a whole lot to them IMHO.

1 Like

Jay, I don’t think I have had a 1995 in years. Sorry.

2014s are real good and some 2015s are much better than I thought they would be, particularly Moreau-Naudet in Chablis and Ramonet.