Which Carlisle are you drinking?

I hear that there is eucalyptus back in the '13 Montafi! Must try one soon.

Peter, I didn’t seem to pick that up, in fact it was a little ungiving in terms of the usual Montafi flair, but delicious nevertheless. It was PnP, drunk outside in a rustic environment (property is undeveloped, way back in the hills, near the Pepperwood Preserve.

Alan, Maybe you should have sitting under a eucalyptus tree :wink: Sounds like a great day.

No Eucalyptus, but lots of oaks and redwoods. Fortunately, I found none of those notes in the wine :slight_smile:

Have opened one each of the 2013 Sonoma Zin and Syrah since the shipment arrived. Basically a PnP with running the wine through an aerator into the glass and both are delicious. These could both use a bit more time but they are excellent now and a great QPR. I’m sold.

2009 Monte Rosso Zin

We opened a 2013 Sonoma County Zinfandel this past weekend, as it had a full week to settle down from the pickup on the 11th. The 15.0% alcohol is well concealed, and this is a tremendous value. Hit the spot on a warm, spring day!

Thanks,
Ed

I agree. It had a ton of complexity for an inexpensive wine.

2013 Zin. 30 min decant. Very approachable. Just a great QPR.

2007 SLH Rosellas Syrah

Opened 6 hours in advance, fantastic wine, none of the problems ive been experiencing with Carlisle. This is how they should be, big bold mouth filling Syrah

First time trying the Two Acres at the pick up, really enjoyed that wine, look forward getting some soon either directly from you Mike or at Bottle Barn if possible.

2008 sonoma syrah - crazy value and really tasty.

Opened a 2008 Three Birds Saturday night and, sadly, it was corked. Later opened a 2007 Carlisle Vyd. Zin that was drinking really well.

I drank the 2013 Monte Rosso last night.

Very nice bottle. Clearly just a baby

I Pobega’ed a 2013 Sonoma County Zin this weekend. Very nice wine.

I am going to open 4 bottles this Sunday for a birthday event. Mike, what would you recommend? I still have a little of everything going back to '08 and some limited stuff from '05 - '07.

I am right behind you. I am contemplating popping the ‘13 Sonoma Zinfandel against the Bedrock Old Vine Zinfandel’ 13.

Try the 2012 Sonoma Zin instead, had one a few weeks ago and it was just bananas. 2012 Bedrock OV Zin has really come on strong as of late too.

Had a 2010 Three Birds last evening, and found it pretty closed and a little bit alcoholic. Got a little better after an hour, but might be in a tough period. Or I just had a off bottle.

Happy to hear that the 12’s are showing well. And the Bedrocks as well. Will have to check in on those soon.

Would if I could! :frowning: