Which Rivers Marie wine are you drinking?

2019 Silver Eagle PN. Great purity of fruit. I know I took this out early but I have more and it was so worth it.

2016 Sonoma Coast Pinot - as others have said, wish I could buy a case of this. Pop and pour and good from the start. Did not last long enough to see if it evolved. Wonderful balance, not complex but a real crowd pleaser. Drinking beautifully now but seems to have many more years to go.

Iā€™ve had this one once before blind with Paul and Frank and I had the same impressions. This is very atypical for this particular bottling. Itā€™s lightly colored and not nearly as jammy and doesnā€™t show any Orange or the strong strawberry. There is a strawberry note and the wine is lightly colored. Itā€™s a feminine wine and very enjoyable.

Posted from CellarTracker

Iā€™m not sure about the club, but the new tasting room is really nice! Overall it was my favorite Napa tasting in recent memory. They only have one table though (one party at a time), so reservations could be tight if people return to traveling soon. The website is still under construction so you have to email or call to request a reservation.

As far as I know, there isnā€™t a club. Just a mailing list offered 3x a year. (Pinot & Chard in Jan & Feb) then Cabs in the fall.

Anyone know when the cab offering is coming out?

Should be July 20th. Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s always the third Tuesday in July.

1 Like

Just drank a 2018 Silver Eagle Pinot Noirā€¦ excellent! One of my favorites from R-M that Iā€™ve had. Great aromas, sappy pine, red cherry and nice minerality.

1 Like

My money is on the save the date hitting tomorrow and the release a week from tomorrow. Looking forward to spending too much money as always.

Finishing up a 2016 NV from last night right now. Drinking like a baby Materium.

Great. I just took possession of two cases I have no room for, another on the way and was telling a friend Iā€™m cutting back. Now this which is not something Iā€™ll cut back. I need an off-site

Very high praise

Here is the release email

Dear Jeff,

The 2021 Rivers-Marie Summer Cabernet Sauvignon offer will go live on Tuesday, July 20th at 9:00 AM PST. As in the past, this release is via email only. At the time the release opens, you will receive an email with a link to the offer and your log-in credentials.

The offer:

2019 Rivers-Marie Napa Cabernet Sauvignon ā€“ $75/btl

2019 Rivers-Marie Calistoga Cabernet Sauvignon ā€“ $95/btl

2019 Rivers-Marie Panek Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon ā€“ $125/btl

2019 Rivers-Marie *Oakville Terraces Cabernet Sauvignon ā€“ $150/btl

2019 Rivers-Marie Herb Lamb Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon ā€“ $150/btl

*Oakville Terraces is the new name for the Lore Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon

Herb Lamb and ā€œLoreā€+$15, makes sense given the strong secondary market pricingā€¦

Anyone know why they changed the name to Oakville Terraces? Do you think that thereā€™s not enough fruit from the Lore vineyard?

The owner of the vineyard asked us to change the name to ā€˜Oakville Terracesā€™ so we did. Itā€™s the same vineyard/fruit/location, just an updated name on the label.

1 Like

Thanks Will. Any chance of a preview of the release notes for the 2019ā€™s?

Iā€™ll share them here as soon as I get them.

3 Likes

Hi Will. I believe JD reviewed a new 2019 cab from Buselli vineyard. Whatā€™s the story with that one?

We showed him a barrel sample of Buselli but at the end of the day we decided not to single vineyard designate this year. We donā€™t want to overwhelm folks with too many SVDā€™s, so our selection process is super rigorous and while it may get the nod in the future, we werenā€™t ready to go there quite yet. Killer component for the Napa however.

3 Likes