Why is this forum mostly dead?

Just one forum is needed for all that. You want to ask about the next best mixer? Start a thread within the forum. Too many forums, in my opinion.

Speak for yourself! My kitchen equipment seems to be constantly traveling with me when I cook at other peoples houses [swearing.gif]

1 Like

Your reply belongs in asylum under curmudgeon.

Time better spent fixing the search function.

Thanks, Charlie. As long as they are all in one forum that has ‘restaurants’ in the title, even Jay shouldn’t be confused. The restaurant dining and travel threads are among my favorites. I’d venture a guess that more non-ITB WBers travel and dine that aren’t specifically wine travel than do.

1 Like

PXL_20220429_021831938.jpg

Nice size trout!!!

Almost posted a pic tonight but one sh!t ingredient ruined the dish. [head-bang.gif]
I don’t want to talk about it any more.

2 Likes

My thought exactly.

Edit: I guess I am rather dated but as a frame of reference the classic print food magazines used to do pretty good restaurant reviews too, and I associate cooking and dining out much more than dining out and travel.

IMO, restaurants and food here in EE. Travel is something else completely (we have to eat regardless of where we are in the world).

This forum is for what you do at home. The other is for what you do when you travel that could be 2 mi or 2000 mi. Your 2 mi is someone else’s 2000.

Agree. Especially when photos of food are posted from restaurant meals.
I love this forum and wish there was more action here.

I think the split is right. This forum for cooking and the other for eating out/travel. I wish this forum was full of posts and people but combining the forums doesn’t mean more cooking posts.

It might be helpful to ask how many folks search by forum as opposed to new posts which is what I do. If you have one large tent instead of several small tents, most folks can sort thru what interests them rather than trying to guess is something more food than travel or cooking.

1 Like

I use the main search function.

Sorry, but this comment is BS. I started the thread because I have not gotten a good recipe or a good cooking technique in a long time. I don’t care about the “Where to buy the greatest restaurant food” but where it is posted doesn’t matter to me.

what ? so I have to look in Travel to find my CHICAGO restaurant thread ? I think that’s a violation of my rights.

Exactly. This forum should be for home cooking. Restaurants belong in travel & dining.

No tears when the thread dies.

A few days later, anyone else find the irony that THIS post has the most action in the Epicurean sub-forum?