William and Mary 2017 Save the Date

Rory, open one. Smile and enjoy it.

I’m sure you’ll enjoy it, but I’d decant it for MANY hours. 4 hours double decant, maybe?

Got a box yesterday from Will congratulating me on new baby with a couple of his 2017s and a card.

Super cool gesture, huge thanks Will.

Now this is so cool! flirtysmile

Will is good people!

I know what red wine to open when someone turns 21!!!

That is so cool.

Actually it showed terrific on the first pour for about 30m, and then later on in the evening, probably about 4-5 hours later, it came back out of its shell. I loved it, planned on saving half the bottle for day 2 but only a half glass remained by the end. My note from that evening:

‘Surprisingly up front with the Cab Franc showing strong on opening, red berry fruit, bay, 5-spice, plus espresso and oak. Over the course of 4 hours the Merlot asserted itself with dark chocolate, red plums and cherry. Tobacco and a touch of smoke and green herbs added dimension. Really great texture and structure that was never heavy. I look forward to trying these in five or so years. Nice!’

thanks for note

That is outrageously inconsiderate of Will. He wasn’t even thoughtful enough to match vintages. What the heck is the baby expected to drink??? [wink.gif]
Congratulations,
Peter

3 bottles of the Prop Red arrived today. I’m putting them to bed in my cellar. I’ll wake the first bottle in 2022 to see how it’s doing.
Note to Will… grandson #2 is due 12/10. [notworthy.gif]

Popped a 2016 Prop Red last night. Wowza…so tasty. What a wine!

20191124_170119.jpg
We opened both the 16 and 17 Proprietary Red last night. Will post some TNs later once my day slows down.

FB_IMG_1574711641200.jpg

Does anyone know how to get a hold of Will? He emailed me about a month ago (before the fires) saying he could sell me a bottle each of the 2016 Cab and Prop. I emailed him back but haven’t heard back. I called his number but his mailbox is full.
Hoping he’s just busy with the harvest or 2017 shipments.
I did receive my 2017 cab though.

Saw those TNs over on CT, Frank. Thanks for posting and it sounds like quite a contrast and I’m excited for both!

Ben, I just had an exchange this week, will PM you the address to make sure you are using the same one. I expect just busy with this time of year, and a new operation.

As an aside, my email exchange with Will was about a mix up in my order, which he responded the same day, and corrected by shipping a replacement bottle, free of charge, overnight. Class act.