WILLIAM KELLEY!

we 30 somethings have a lot to offer to the wine world ALfert, stop trying to age shame us

What Fu said :slight_smile:

Haha, Fu so sensitive! [snort.gif]

Perhaps you and William should start something. Seriously.

Anybody else reminded of the Seinfeld episode where Elaine relies on Vincent for video recommendations ?

I wrongfully assumed you were a dude. I will now amend my ways!

My wife goes by Chris. [snort.gif]

Seriously, though, Iā€™ve been very, very encouraged/delighted/intrigued by Williamā€™s participation here and his writings in general. I envy him greatly, but admire him more :slight_smile:.

I am still a dude! But I like bringing a little ā€˜cute girlā€™ energy to the party when allowedā€¦ I ā€˜thinkā€™ Iā€™m still a ladiesā€™ size 8 in jeans, but admittedly, itā€™s been awhile since college. Keeping oneā€™s figure is hard at 38. Not impossible, but hard.

My mind/thoughts are dark enough. Hanging on to whatever flirtatiousness I have left in this dark vessel is pretty vital.

I can only pile on praise for William and his talent and accessability.

As for his colleagues, Luis and Mark (pains me to say) are pretty good content too.

He is an insightful critic.

But why the shouting?

I too have found Williamā€™s wine writing and advice top notch. Itā€™s incredibly valuable to have his contributions here and through other sources of social media. This is especially so because a good portion (probably a majority) of my cellar is Burgundy and Champagne. Being young myself (28), itā€™s especially helpful to learn from those more experienced than I. I look forward to following William over the course of his career and wish him the best of luck!

I agree that William Kelly is an excellent wine journalist.

Dan Kravitz

And an affable board member generous with his knowledge. And definitely excited and passionate about wine. Enjoy the kudos!

I strongly disagree with including Luis in that assessment.

Fantastic guy who can communicate information much better than other wine writers. I subscribed only for his notes (and wish they had CT integration). And the sweater absolutely plays

Williamā€™s contributions here and my appreciation for Luisā€™s work were enough to convince me to pay for a subscription. I need to stop buying in general, but between his notes on older wines that will help me work through my existing cellar and coverage of wines with shorter drinking horizons like Champagne, white Burgundy, and Beaujolais, I still expect to get my moneyā€™s worth.

LOL William is going to be too embarrassed to show up in this thread, I can envision him blushing somewhere flirtysmile

If he (Fu) wonā€™t taste wines Younger than him heā€™s going to have to bring on some TikTok(ers) to bring me in. :slight_smile:

But seriously I agree with the praise, love the contributions and have considered rejoining but I have no interest in the old school remnants. I could get with the joining of a new super group though.

Humility is vastly over-rated. He went to Oxford. Heā€™s like the Daniel Craig James Bond, only younger and more talented.

Iā€™d cut myself a big hunkering piece of Black Forest Cake to pair with a chewy young Rollandized St Em, pop in a 50 Cent 8-track, then start carpet-bombing the Wine Spincter forum under some stupid pseudonym. For the record, I swear Iā€™ve never done that.

He makes killa Ca Chenin Blanc too!