Windfall wine purchase

The d*ck comment is not referring to the reccommending (sic) a wine, but that the poster was demeaning $600 as beneath him to be considered a windfall.

1 Like

If it actually isn’t a ‘windfall,’ then donate it to people in actual need who would consider it a true windfall.

You might want to read a little more closely. I didn’t tell him what he should do. I said what I would do.

Distinction without a difference.

1 Like

Save your $$ for January 27, 2021. You’ll need it. They will be many opportunities for a treat yourself wine.

2 Likes

There is to me.

The windfall collection of course

Not many if any $600.00 bottles.

Auctions…

You’re not alone.

If it were me and some windfall I wanted to celebrate with a bottle, I would probably try to get something outside my usual drinking sphere. I drink a lot of burg and rhone, so would be thinking soldera or biondi santi; unico; haut brion Blanc or something like that.

1 Like

At the risk of being trolled, the responses to this thread are a reflection of the reason I haven’t signed up for grand cru yet, I’m still not sure if I like it here.

3 Likes

I’m with Rauno and Lee,

I always wanted to try a Soldera.

On other matters, it’s a forum so I don’t mind all kinds of views as long as they are phrased respectfully, which Chuck’s was. At the same time, it’s always a delicate matter to evaluate anyone else’s financial situation. This may be an extraordinary opportunity for OP to source a wine of this caliber, while that is probably not the same for many others on this board, some of whom post regularly about just such wines. So I’m happy to participate on this occasion.

Looks like I’m not going to get one of those windfalls.
But at least 2 of my kids will get theirs.
Hoping they use it to buy me something nice.
Maybe a whole Flannery striploin roast?

I got that check back in 2000 when GWB sent everyone money back to “help stimulate the economy”. I did my civic duty and bought a new Weber grill, which was thereafter called my Bush Grill. It failed after a few years. Politics aside, Kelly is putting this money back into the economy, money that goes to a retailer, its employees, deliveries, etc. In this terribly bizarre year, that does seem charitable to me, when he could easily just stick it in his savings account and move on.

It’s a fun exercise, let us know what you get in this splurge. That’s a heck of a lot of money for one bottle, so should be great. I’d go Haut Brion or Lafleur.

Hold off… it might be zip, nada.

So hard to plan one’s wine budget with such political turmoil.

Are you looking for a wine that is young and meant to age or one with age on it.

If a young wine to age, how about 2017 Trapet Chambertin. Had it at the Paulee last March and was very impressed.

But, I would not count on getting the windfall. https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trumps-last-minute-tantrum-throws-pandemic-relief-effort-into-chaos/2020/12/23/afb8626a-4534-11eb-a277-49a6d1f9dff1_story.html

Seems like a really Bush move. neener

And it is hilarious how many people are taking the question so seriously.

I lurk a whole lot more than I post, but I do believe grand cru is worth it to support the site. There is a ton of knowledge and I just try my best to avoid/ignore the self righteous posts. Plus you get early access to berserker day!

1 Like