Wine Advocate News

I subscribed this morning, apparently right before the announcement, because I realized I needed to lean on WK’s notes for a couple of purchases. I’m thrilled about the Bordeaux that’s now going to waft from his glass and into mine.

2 Likes

Congrats William!!

Now, where do I send my resume for the open spot?

1 Like

Great news. I will be subscribing. I just feel bad for John Morris. The era of Perotti-Brownicized Bordeaux made to taste like cast-iron pan and Black Forest cake had just barely begun and is already coming to an end.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

Looking forward to the new challenges. There’s lots to do.

22 Likes

Wow…the winds of change are howling! Huge congratulations to William Kelley. I love his insights on burgundy and champagne…and adore his Chenin Blanc. I haven’t read or thought much about the WA for years, but I’m feeling a need for another source of input, so I as well will eat my hat and subscribe.

1 Like

champagne.gif [cheers.gif]

Congrats to Joe and William!

How is it I have to read this news here when I’m a WA subscriber?

Btw for those who care about Spain WA also has the best coverage with Luis.

1 Like

An email did go out.

Our mailing platform will be improving next year, so you might actually receive correspondence in the future.

A few thoughts from me here:

5 Likes

This leads me to question I’ve had recently. Who are the prominent reviewers for Napa and Bordeaux as we stand ? Most reliable ? How about most influential ?

That’s strange, I’m also a subscriber but did not receive an email. There’s also nothing on the website…

Re-subscribing now - love both of these moves. Congratulations to Joe Cz and WK!

1 Like

Have been a subscriber for some time now - solely for WK’s contributions. More William Kelley is always a good thing.

Congrats to you, and Joe!

Cheers,

Lucas champagne.gif

1 Like

Congrats William and best of luck. :wine_glass::wine_glass:

IMG_6741.jpg

oh great, now we’ll get less of William. DAMMIT

Congratulations William!

Congrats WK! Love this development as I love WK’s burg recommendations and general review transparency + communication! Buy your 2005 Montrose now, or as WK says “make hay while the sun shines!” strawman [cheers.gif]

In fact, there is!

Don’t want to say too much too soon, but I would like to reassure you that work is also under way to make our site more intuitive and user friendly, so you can actually find something like this easily.

I’m already really enjoying working with Joe on the editorial side! He’s going to be great.