Wine Advocate News

Thank you!

Great to hear! And just to put it in your ear, CellarTracker integration is MUCH needed. Copy-pasting reviews manually is not a lot of fun…

5 Likes

Congratulations to both Joe and William!

1 Like

The best part of this will be when William starts talking up Rolland’s wines and Alfert realizes that everyone has betrayed him.

7 Likes

Joe was an ordinary wine board denizen like the rest of us back in the day, and remains an old friend to many of us in these circles. I’m looking forward to seeing what you guys can do!

2 Likes

Glad to hear it. My mail chimp survey answer was extensive and covered some of this and other recommendations.

I was actually on a trial membership based on your work after years of avoiding the site and just tried to renew for a year and it won’t let me (there’s that membership sale after all). Sent an email to your website elves about it.

Congratulations again and thank you for all your work and willingness to engage.

1 Like

Piling on, but congratulations William!

1 Like

Congratulations Joe C and William. Let’s do this!

2 Likes

I guess you don’t sleep. Better not slack on Burgundy or we will come after you!

1 Like

That reminds me, one of my recommendations on their survey was that the person doing Burgundy tastings should also taste the Oregon producers who self-select as going for a relatively “Burgundian” approach.

<…> and will take over reviewing responsibilities for Bordeaux, in addition to Burgundy and Champagne.

That’s all? You’re too good for Rhône and Loire? Everywhere is a short drive to elsewhere in France so, come on…!

Kidding aside, congratulations on the new responsibilities. Your insight is valued on this board and in your publication.

Cheers!

1 Like

Wow great news. Hope that ‘21 was fantastic William!

While I’ve never worked with him professionally Joe’s a great guy.

I just realized this means no more Lisa P-B notes to poke fun at in the Bingo thread – no more Black Forest Cake-scented Bordeaux.

[wow.gif] [swoon.gif]

+1

1 Like

Excellent news - I don’t know Joe’s work very well, not being a Rhone drinker, but he always comes across as being a good, kind man and as for William, it’s a richly deserved promotion. As for Bordeaux lovers, this is a new dawn: someone young and gifted, with already massive insight but a fresh approach. I for one will be renewing my subscription forthwith - this is going to be fun.

Alfert will adopt it into his lexicon so you won’t miss it much, no worries.

Scroll up, big boy!

https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3387026#p3387026

Great to hear - the UI has always been a little tough to work with. Congrats!

I starting subscribing earlier this year after many, many years of not having a subscription. The reason can be stated in two words - William Kelley. Excited that he will be reviewing Bordeaux as well as Burgundy and Champagne. If he adds German wines to his areas, then he would be covering pretty much 90% of what I drink. Congratulations, William.