Wine and the NBA bubble in Orlando

Fck that Charlie, we take them to the Club and drink much better sht!

Have your people call my people and we set it up.

Yea I have no clue who he is.

I was thinking based on the article was that the key is more Burgundy threads.

The #1 risk to all this is Alfert breaking through the NBA bubble and bringing them Loire Cab Franc to drink. [wow.gif] After that, they will shun this place like the plague. [truce.gif]

Howard wins. That had me rolling early this morning.

And if you’re talking JJ I certainly know who he is. One of the greatest pure shooters of all time. Reminded me of Billy McCaffery of Vanderbilt fame. Of course my all time favorite dookie is Bobby Hurley…

Actually, I would say that McCaffrey was more famous for being the dookie to leave that uber talented squad with Hill, Hurley and Laettner and transferring to Vandy. And his ex-girlfriend married Ben Stiller. But yeah, he was a pure shooter.

Fun article. On IG, LeBron, Melo, Kevin Love, and some other players post what they are drinking. Definitely some white wale bottles are posted. To me the most interesting guy to get here would be Poppovich. I read the ESPN article that was done on him regarding wine a while back that someone else posted here. The guy seems to have much knowledge and appreciation for wine. It would be great to hear some of his stories and to share more about the early years of Napa.

If I remember correctly, Popp is a minority owner of one of the bigger production wineries in Oregon. I’m thinking A to Z, King Estate, etc.

perhaps this is also the demographic that is driving up prices at hdh auctions rolleyes

Ok. Cool article. But they’re shipping in this heat!!! They must be paying for some expensive cold chain shipping?

Also, I agree with Howard. More burgundy threads and maybe we get these guys attention. Maybe we show them William’s vineyard videos as the selling point.

In the book The Power of Habit there is an entire vignette about Popovich and the role wine and dinner play into his team cohesion strategy.

I DM’d him on IG

A lot of the wine is being overnighted from talking to a big retailer and a winery that sent wine into the bubble.

Redick/Hart are on a Ponsot/PYCM tear from wineaccess

James, I only wish CJ was enjoying some Vincent. I’m certainly enjoying watching him and the guys play!

But I kinda want to nickname him BeefJ, he’s clearly been in the weight room (and the wine cellar) during the lockdown. Dude’s looking like Mo Lucas with those shoulders, damn.

I read that book about a year ago. I’ll have to go back a reread that part. Thanks!

There was an interesting podcast from GuildSomm featuring Will Blackmon recently. Worth listening to.

I think what he’s doing is awesome. I hope it’s a screaming success.

They are for me.

If I owned an Oregon winery and wasn’t already selling to them, I’d be sending them some “critic’s samples” overnight to the bubble, hoping they pop one and like it enough to hype it on the ‘gram.

Love this thread. I know Jimmy Butler’s favorite was Sassicaia, introduced to him by Mark Wahlberg. So I imagine a lot of athletes are getting their recs/wine from other celebrities. Jimmy Butler visits his favorite winery in Italy. - YouTube

If you are a Jimmy Butler fan, check out JJ Redick’s podcast interview with him. They talk about wine at length.

Thanks for reading my original post upthread. Hahaha.

James