Wine and the NBA bubble in Orlando

Remember when Keyshawn posted here for a short time?
He and I PMd a few times.

Hah! I actually did read your post but I was multi-tasking and missed the part where you’d already made this keen, insightful, brilliant suggestion. In any event, I agree!

Don’t know that I ever saw those posts. Neat.

What did he PM you? “Just Gimme The Damn Wine” :wine_glass:

[dance-clap.gif]

Here’s at least one place JJ sources his wine from.
295AEB8D-FDFA-4E4B-80AA-3ABF8E0907CE.jpeg

Earning some geek cred there, for sure. But prices are bad enough when all we have to compete with is Alf money and Fu money. When we have to compete with NBA money even on the obscure geeky stuff, watch out…

Maybe they’re already all here on burner accounts:

“Hey …‘John’…I hear the Spurs have an awesome coach with great wine. You should consider joining!” - George “I’m not tampering” P

Or maybe they are here under assumed names like Victor and Russ. [wow.gif] Wonder what board name Kamala Harris uses here? flirtysmile

Tom Hill

Fun listen to Redick’s new podcast “The Old Man and the Three” when he has D Wade in and they talk about how he got into wine (Alonzo got him to try a Flowers pinot) and how he’s moved on to French wines, but is intimidated by “wines with five words and stuff.”

Starts around the 27 min mark. I use Spotify, but this should work. The Old Man and the Three with JJ Redick and Tommy Alter on Stitcher

OK, so that’s funny!

TomHill

Brings NBA wine memories of CJ.
No, not that one. Wine and the NBA go back.

Charles Johnson, Washington Wizards, helped them to the '77-78 championship. I worked at the top French restaurant in Washington, all French list. Gifted the chef/owner some California wine, he finally decided to put some on the list.

About a month after the championship, CJ is in with many Wizards. Lots of wine ordered. Chef had bought a case of '68 Heitz Martha’s, probably sold a few bottles. CJ and the Wizards wiped it out.

Dan Kravitz

Bullets killed the case.

It was more than just posts. He sent me a bottle of wine to try and comment on. Pretty neat and very surreal experience. Now to work on Pop as he’s got some free time for the first playoffs in 23 years…

That’s awesome man! What was the wine…and how was it?

Great story. CJ was the greatest high school basketball player I ever saw.

Drink along with the players

Amazing, thanks for sharing. As a diehard Lakers fan, I’m glad Kuz schedule his for after the finals.

Also - great article today on CJ & diversity in wine: Blazers’ CJ McCollum: From big shot-taker to Black winemaker — Andscape