Wine for election night? (Mod- next political post gets a 24hour suspension)

Have Flannery steaks pulled from the freezer for tomorrow. Haven’t decided which bottle to pull just yet.

Something that will last for three days or so opened , not sure yet will depend on menu. On the weekend, one of my few decent US wines if Biden is winning, and in the alternative something with greater anaesthetic properties.

Bourbon, like Sarah the amount will be highly dependent on how the evening goes…

no politics - only warning. Already removed one comment

that’s one hellova spot, isn’t it? Enjoy!

I got one of those so I will be looking forward to your note.

09 Roulot BB, then, as others have alluded to, bourbon…

1.5 Litre of Fortaleza Anejo Tequila. A little to sip each night until we find out the winner…might be a while especially if 45 refutes votes and demands a re-count/investigation.

Yes it is. Beautiful views.
_MG_1102 (1280x853).jpg

We might know. Nate Silver says ~60% chance we will know by 3:00 am. Nate Cohen at the NYT says we should have NC, FL, and GA early – like 8:30. If one of those goes D, the die is pretty much cast. (I have my doubts about an early FL call, but these guys are the pros).

It depends, we may or may not know with all of the absentee balloting going on. My preference is Del Maguey Mezcal. Lots of it. [stirthepothal.gif]

Umm…isn’t there a bottle of Icon in your box?

All those states will have their returns in probably. But if they are very close, they may not be able to be called. Florida and Georgia in particular look close. But, while Trump could lose NC and win, I agree t’s hard to see him winning if he loses Florida. And if he loses Georgia it’s hard not to see it as the indication of a Biden night, even if the other states aren’t able to be called.

A magnum of something. I really don’t care what. The higher the ABV the better.

every state is different re: absentee/mail in/early voting. Florida already started counting. But Pennsylvania counties are not permitted to count mail in / absentee votes until 7am on election day. So some counties in Penn are not even counting their mail in votes until after election day.

My wife & I were in Piedmont during the last election. What a unique and unforgettable experience. I’m not entirely sure I want to be drinking wine on election night. I feel like I may want to hyper-hydrate for when the final votes are counted & I’m not certain that will be election night.

yeah in PA it is all county-by-county. Some will start counting absentees at 7:00 am; others will count them last. Unless the vote is very sizably tilted, PA is going to be a late call.

2018 Cedric Bouchard Côte de Val Vilaine in the fridge.

“In victory you deserve Champagne; in defeat, you need it.”

I also heard from a couple of pollsters in a company call that they think we should know around 2 AM or so where the election is going. For me, it’s going to be gin and champagne: “I could not live without Champagne. In victory I deserve it, in defeat I need it.” - WC