Wine for election night? (Mod- next political post gets a 24hour suspension)

Brian, we seem to be on the same wavelength!

Bourbon Manhattans and I have a bottle of '95 Heidsieck BdM in the fridge just in case.

Gin too! My favorite spirit champagne.gif

I like a good red blend. One bottle maybe two. I am tired of the campaign!!!
champagne.gif [cheers.gif]

Who cares its over!!!

2020 Chateau Clusterf*ck

Depending on who wins-A great bottle of old burgundy or I will need an 18 L of anything!

When I hear Sinatra sing September song I know what he is taking about!

I’ve decided!

If I get home and it’s looking my way, a 2013 Roy Piper cab!

Why wait until it is looking your way? Drink the Piper cab with the confidence its maker has in the results!

You are right, as usual. [cheers.gif]

root day. no idea what that would portend re: the results.

Is that a screaming magpie?

A civic magpie?

So champagne

Bourbon most likely. Hoping we actually have some idea on the results tomorrow. A landslide either way would be helpful to avoid drama.

I will be holed up and absolutely NOT watching whatever it is that is going to unfold. I haven’t had more than 2 Manhattans in a night in a LONG time. I can see it being, well, more than that. Even not knowing. Think I might YouTube Game 6 of the 1975 World Series and watch that instead.

Every election I open up something good beginning at 8pm in anticipatory celebration of success for whomever the winner may be.

At the moment I think I will open a 2001 Morgenster Estate Cabernet. I’ve been greatly enjoying South African wines of late and testing their age-worthiness should make for a fun evening.

My personal politics are very partisan but my enjoyment of wine is not.

I don’t wait in the evening on opening that “special” bottle because regardless of the results I want to enjoy the moment and a great wine makes me care a lot less about the trivial whims of electoral politics.

I hope everyone’s bottle drinks magnificently on election night and whomever wins leads to a more prosperous thereafter.

[cheers.gif]

Why, yes. There will be Champagne.

-Al

Someone on MSNBC said only a 50/50 chance we’ll know the winner on Election night - ugh