Wine Library Berserker Day offers

Yep, I used to order from Winelibrary all the time when I lived in DC, but in MN it’s a no-go.

k.

Ian, thanks for the link. Apparently there are two 2010 Baudana Serralunga bottlings? Thanks very much for the clarification.

Scott

It’s the Sept 2014 review.

I don’t think so. The 1/14 review is from barrel. The later review is from bottle. Antonio just liked it better the 2nd time.

Someone point out all the non-domestic offers in this deal to Grump Paul Jaouen, please…

Doh!!!

Gary asked me to add one more Berserker Day offer, so use code BerserkerDay6 to get $100 off per bottle on this.

2010 - GUIGAL EX VOTO ROUGE HERMITAGE

Price: $369.98 on sale ( was $449.99 ) - Use code BerserkerDay6 to get this for $269.99 a bottle

Size: 750ML Country: France Region: Rhone ABV: 13.5% Varietals: Syrah / Shiraz

100 Points Jeb Dunnuck - Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate
“At the risk of sounding like a broken record, the 2010 Hermitage Ex Voto is as good as it gets. Following some of the most concentrated, rich Cote Roties ever made, it still ratcheted up the concentration level with its massive, palate saturating levels of gamey dark fruits, cassis, licorice, chocolate, graphite and powdered rock. It this beauty doesn’t make fireworks go off in your head, I don’t know what will. Full-bodied, deeply concentrated and structured, yet also fine, elegant and delineated, it is nothing short of incredible. Give this awesome Hermitage 5-6 years in the cellar and feel free to drink it anytime over the following 4-5 decades. The father/son team of Marcel and Philippe Guigal continue to keep their estate at the top of the hierarchy in the Rhône Valley. All the way from their inexpensive Côtes du Rhône to their top-end Côte Rôties and Hermtiage, the attention to detail and focus on quality is unmatched. Readers should also check out the recent Rhone Retrospective article I wrote that covered the Saint Joseph Vignes des Hospices, Côte Rôtie Brune et Blonde, Côte Rôtie Chateau d’Ampuis and Côte Rôtie La Mouline cuvees going back for over a decade. I said it there, and I’ll say it again here, this estate is producing some of the most incredible and singular wines in the world.”

96-98+ Points Robert Parker - Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate
“Close in quality, the 2010 Hermitage Ex-Voto reveals more minerality and definition as well as Hermitage’s tell-tale creme de cassis, blackberry liqueur, licorice and spring flower characteristics. This full-bodied, massive wine should last for 25-40 years.”

98 Points Wine Spectator
“This has lavish range, with intense steeped plum, anise, pain d’épices, singed apple wood and fruitcake notes layered together, framed by smoldering charcoal and sweet tobacco accents and riveted to a tarry spine. Expands like a fractal in the glass to display enormous depth and length. Features mouthwatering cut from start to finish despite the heft. An extremely impressive wine that will need some time to stretch out fully. Best from 2018 through 2040. 600 cases made.”

Now THERE’S one for Paul!

OK. Now you have ended my BerserkerDay. Now I need to work A LOT of overtime over the next month. [thankyou.gif]

who’s Gary?

Who cares? Ian’s the man!

I’ll admit that’s the best price I’ve seen. [cheers.gif]

Ian, tell Gary to stop screwing around and put some Dujacs on sale.

That’s the name that Ian gave to the voice in his head. [berserker.gif]

Ian, and tell that voice in your head that Ken needs some Giacosas’ on sale!

wow … no love for The Elf … wuwt

[dance-clap.gif] [dance-clap.gif] [dance-clap.gif] [dance-clap.gif]

[winner.gif]

Actually, their website shows no Giacosa at all. [cry.gif]

And they have the nerve to call themselves a wine store? Shocking! neener

Scott, as far as I’m aware of, there are 3 bottlings, the Serralunga is the base, then ‘Baudana’ and Cerretto’ are the single vineyard. Hope this helps.