WineSpies.com (Wine Spies) Deal Discussion thread

Winespies has a ‘mystery wine’ up there today. Clues lead me to believe it’s Arietta H Block. Price is in line with W-S low, nice deal if you like right bank blends and wait to fill your locker for free shipping.

Referral link if anyone is interested: Get Your $20 Wine Credit

Thoughts on this Nalle Ranch Red. Cannot find it listed on Cellar Tracker but have read good things about the producer.

Another “Mystery Cab” up today for $99. Looks like 2017 Ad Vivum, from Sleeping Lady vineyard.

1 Like

I’d say you’re correct with that assumption. That’s what I was able to come up with, but even at $99 per bottle, I think I’ll pass on this one.

1 Like

Lots of Cab offerings up today. Just dropped a juicy deucey on a few out of boredom.

Looks like most are already sold out. Will be interested if they re-up throughout the day.

Can anyone confirm that they will ship to Texas? They describe their shipping policy in a way that I think makes it work. Basically the sale takes place in California and you pay cali sales tax, then you ship the bottles on your own (but they are happy to assist in arranging a shipper). Anyone taken delivery in Texas?

Yes they ship to Texas. Didn’t really see many deals - just market pricing for the most part.

All the decent deals are gone. I though the 2018 Chappellet Pritchard Hill was a good price (about $15 cheaper than best I’ve seen elsewhere), but it already gone.

1 Like

Good deal on Stone The Crows (made by TRB) up now. Bit on one.

2 Likes

quote=“Jonathan Jaggers” post_id=3481720 time=1647964460 user_id=35672]
Good deal on Stone The Crows (made by TRB) up now. Bit on one.
[/quote]

Snagged one as well when I saw this. Thanks.

Have an interesting Barolo up today. Brandini Annunziata 2016. 50 bucks and seems like prior vintages are all around $100. I grabbed a few. Good price for cru barolo from a good vintage.

Winespies having a “Cult wins beyond Napa” event today. Not sure exactly what to expect, but the Napa event a few weeks ago had a couple nice deals when you figure in free shipping.

referral link:

Today could have some interesting offers. They are going to be doing a vertical of Mica, from the makers of Buccella. They describe it as the second wine, and it has great CT scores despite no professional reviews. I’ve enjoyed Buccella exactly once but am jumping on the first offer. $55 for a 2008 seems like a good gamble.

Referral code in case anybody is new to wine spies:

1 Like

2010 Virage is $37 today. Have always wanted to try it.

2 Likes

That’s a great price. $74/bottle on Virage website. I just don’t need 6.

I snagged a couple, debating if I should grab more.

Just a heads up you don’t need to buy 6. You can build a case there using the Locker feature. It’s pretty handy dandy imo. champagne.gif

I’ve looked for a WS thread before and not found one. It’s definitely deserving. With DeNegoce putting a huge damper on my flash site buying for the last two years I’ve seen WS go from a distant third to #1 for me. I love the locker structure (really wish they’d hold more than two cases) and while the discounts aren’t always stupendous on the higher end stuff, at least it’s there and you can buy whatever number you’d like. Customer service has also been good.

I was also thrilled to pick up Virage at that price. I’m pretty sure they bought Havens which is what got me into overbuying back in 2009. I certainly enjoyed yesterday’s Import shop, greatest hits were not for me, and I was going to call enigma an easy pass, but I’m certainly curious. Pricing is in line with sleeper reserve which has always been a good value despite being well above DN pricing. Anyone tried the previous enigmas?

1 Like

They have 2019 Domaine du Grand Tinel Châteauneuf-du-Pape (Alexis Establet cuvee) for under $50. Several reputable 95+ reviews. Picked up a few bottles.