WineSpies.com (Wine Spies) Deal Discussion thread

Recently signed up for the daily deals. Today’s is 2020 Auxey-Duresses Les Grands Champs 1er Cru for $36 but can’t find any recent reviews. Anyone have experience with any recent vintages? Admitted Burgundy novice and trying to get my feet wet.

Anyone have issues with a shipment from Winespies? I had two lockers shipped, but one only contained 11 bottles, and the missing bottle was also the most expensive one in the order. Opened a ticket yesterday but didn’t even get a confirmation they’re looking into it…wondering if I should call instead. Pretty disappointed

Has anyone tried purchasing from “the vault” mystery area? Would you recommend? I’m somewhat skeptical but would love to be proven wrong.

1 Like

I did once…it was a decent bottle that retailed for more than I paid, but probably wouldn’t do it again

3 Likes

Picked up a couple 2015 Pertimali Livio Sassetti Brunellos. Seemed like a decent deal @$57/ea to round out my case.

Looking forward to trying these in a few years!

Wine Spies is running an end-of-year progressive sale incressing 5% per day up to 20% off by Saturday, purportedly to clear out ‘bin end’ sort of inventory.

There are a few interesting items, though the Jean Faure St. Emilion I was eyeing if still around Fri/Sat sold through. It’s one of the few high Cab Franc composition BDX (outside of the likes of Cheval Blanc, Le Dome, Carmes Haut Brion), and was interesting for its price point.

1 Like

I got the mystery bottle 2 times, first one was an Orma Toscana, the second was a $15 Steele zin, wouldn’t do it again though.

2 Likes

added four of the 13th & Third to my locker, seemed worth a shot

and added some of the 2017 as well, lol

@Rich_Brown

4 Likes

Amazing, thank you so much!!

Looks like going the locker route to build up to a case for free shipping is pretty key, huh. Otherwise its $48 to ship 3 bottles to AZ

2 Likes

Looks like GB Crane Assembly on mystery offer today. Fair price, but not really tempted to pull the trigger on a 2017

1 Like

Picked up 3 myself. Beekeeper is a steal at that price.

2 Likes

It really is! Love the wines…but hate the retail price, ha!

heads up, Beekeeper is back

1 Like

Guessing that the mystery offering up today is 2017 Meteor Vineyards Perseid. I have no experience with this producer, and even with a $20 credit not sure it’s worth the gamble at the price they’re offering for this vintage.

Beekeeper is back

2 Likes

I am very tempted after reading some reviews of the Beekeeper Zins online, including from our own @Rich_Brown on this Site…I just already have enough wine to float a battleship!

3 Likes

They’re really, really great wines. Walk the perfect line between structure and fruit with an emphasis on the former. They also do well with age given the style. So nice when you can find them at a discount as the price is the one downside.

I should probably start creating a case at Winespies, as the shipping is kinda steep if you only have a handful of bottles.

Definitely worth it to wait for the case, and shipping them has always gone smoothly for me. Unless you absolutely need the wine in your life sooner.

2 Likes