Woodland Hills Wines Annual Sale- Old World day 1

I picked up a couple 2009 Champagne tête de cuvées; Cuvée Wm Deutz, Clos des Goisses, as well as a couple Vilmart Rosés.

bought 3b of the 2017 Buisson Charles Meursault Tessons. Didn’t check cellartracker first. I already own it from The Bottle List at a cheaper price. oops

Very reasonable to NC at $43/case in January 2020. The WHW sale used to include a majority of wines eligible for free shipping on mixed cases. That appears to have disappeared in the last year or two.

I hope that WHW is OK. Many wines that I looked at yesterday were pre arrival. Also, noticeable drop off in offerings from Germany and Oregon among other regions in the last year.

Edited to note, that I think that I was seeing pre arrival for items that were out of stock or sold out during the sale.

I also thought this was a lighter, leaner WHWC sale. But we are living in a strange bubble right now.

+1 and for ground, do they hold shipments until the weather cooperates?

Yes. Woodland Hills is a super hot place so they definitely hold.

Yes, I think the “pre-arrival” indicator was often inaccurate yesterday. I ordered a few bottles of Champagne that were still noted as “pre-arrival” but I picked up a bottle of the same wine from WHWC a week or two ago when they came in. I can’t say for certain, but this sale reminds of their same huge sale at the end of last year. I think they are just trying to make room for new inventory and free up some cash, but who knows.

They are my local wine shop so I also hope they are doing well. Whenever I’ve gone to pick up wine over the last few weeks, I’ve seen other people in the parking lot also picking up wine, which makes me think they are doing well, especially as it only takes a couple of minutes for them to bring your wine out, so it’s not like people are waiting around.

I’d be surprised if they’re not doing well (-enough). They are one of the best wine shops in L.A. County.

In their text they say they’re doing better than ever; reading wb?

Day 3 - Old & New World ‘Reshuffle’

LAST CALL: Our popular no-holds-barred, everything-must-go Final Day Reshuffle Sale starts now…

Clearly we hit a chord the past two days with our aggressively discounted wines from first the Old World, followed by the New World, as we received more two-day combined orders than ever before. Today we do it all again, but with all wines shuffled together. As with the two previous days, this is your opportunity to take serious advantage of our deepest discounts of the year on a multitude of highly sought-after wines from some of the greatest producers on the planet—at pricing well below what is already among the most competitive in the county—at savings up to 40% (with more than half discounted at least 20%).

What’s especially unique about our sale that sets it apart from the rest—we don’t hold back! Nearly every wine we stock is included, not just the slow-movers or ones we over-bought. There are no tricks here; no gimmicks; just great wines at pricing you won’t see elsewhere. And as one of the only—if not the only—segments of the wine industry to remain largely unscathed (or at least minimally affected) by the current health crisis, we at the retail level find ourselves lucky and fortunate to even be in a position to make such an offering. In fact, it would be fair to say we’ve even actually benefited in certain ways. With the restaurant industry struggling as it is, we find ourselves with better access to greater wines at better pricing than ever before.

This unique sale only happens once a year, and this may be our best day yet given how strong our buying power has been, allowing us to go even deeper than ever with our discounts. As the past two days have shown, this sale moves fast, so we encourage you to do likewise. With that said, we’ll let you at it again…

Happy Hunting!

I hopped in on the tail end. 3 each of the 2017 Raul Perez Bierzo Rapolao and Vittoriano. I’ve tasted the 2015 and 2016s, and they ranged from very good to attention grabbing, especially given the price.

2006 Charles Heidsieck Brut Rosé for $75 was a buy.

It’s thoroughly picked-over at this point; was hoping to see some deeper cuts on this, the last day.

Grabbed the 2016 mag of Spottswoode - order in 8 days ago. Emailed me today saying it’s not in stock…grr

I really hate when something like this happens, especially during a big sale. While it’s nice that they obviously won’t make me pay for the bottle that’s not in stock, if I had known that bottle wasn’t available, I likely would’ve used that money to buy another discounted bottle.

That’s a good point, and I would think WHWC might allow substitue items at a discounted price.

Same thing happened to me with Astor Wines, I was able to substitute things in stock at the sale price even though the sale was over.

If the only other items you wanted were out of stock, then I think it’s SOL.