WS WOTY Week

You did start the thread with some information and now have edited the original thread twice. Interesting at least [welldone.gif]

Wouldn’t whomever this person is stand to make more money if the time spent cornering the market on potential WS WOTY candidates, in order to flip them for profit actually just spent the time focusing on their day job? Or does that make too much sense?

Don’t know you ERPark, but based on the messages I have received in support, it appears as though I have more defenders than looking “awfully butthurt”.

Maybe you should simply mention your “friends” name already, so people can draw their own conclusions.
I repeated verbatim what his post said above (other than the name of the wine) so not only have I read it correctly, but so have others. Clearly, this is no case of speculation based on his verbiage and based on the fact that he has listed a single wine (none of the “many” he purchased) and done so prior to the Top 10 released. If he had posted it on Thursday after the Top 9 were released or even on Wednesday night, maybe there would be some argument, but I find zero case in this situation when he has singled out 1 wine prior to any names being released.

I’m doing nothing now other than defending myself from people like you that are bashing me and my actions, when I never said a negative thing about your “friend” personally only about the posting.

Wow, this thread went downhill fast.

The first two wines are pretty interesting and a bit off the same old same old wines.

Thank you for bringing this back to what the basis of topic was.

Did his posting state he had purchased several cases based on insider information he possessed?

Oh wait, he didn’t. That’s what YOU posted.

The problem with this thread is not what was posted on another forum, or by whom. The problem lies here with you making up stuff, then backpedaling like crazy and trying to deflect any responsibility for doing so. You’ve thus turned the spotlight of this thread on you and your shenanigans. No one should care about who the other WBer is, as it’s immaterial compared to the distortions you’ve made to what he posted.

You’ve done nothing to indicate you heeded the sound advice I gave you, so I’ll repeat myself. QFT.

So you have zero investment portfolio, and focus on your job 24/7? [welldone.gif]

You are right about one fact that I just came to know that was incorrectly reported and that you have now “not been truthful about”. This person is NOT a member of WB as he apparently had his membership revoked. If we are being truthful.

What you just posted has no bearing whatsoever on your distortion of what he posted, as well as your inability to acknowledge that you were making up stuff and posting it here as gospel. Maybe you should read your own words of “if we are being truthful” again…

I guess t’s clear who hangs in your wine/beer tasting group and good for you to try and defend your “friend”.

I’m done with the back and forth. I use this site for good purposes. To enjoy my hobby and to make new friends, both of which have occurred. I’m not going to fuel this fire any longer.

Thanks for finally taking my advice.

Good luck getting those types of returns unless the Spectator picks a wine that is already retailing for a price well above $100, something they have not done in ten years. The WOTY always becomes difficult to find and spikes in price. But none of the wines picked in the last decade are selling at the prices this guy is looking for with the exception of the 2007 Saxum JBV which had already been awarded 100 pts from Parker before being named WOTY.

Isn’t that the nature of WB? “This wine is a 92. It is not possible for it to be anything more or less.”

You guys are scaring all the new members now. Can’t we just keep these discussions for 'round the table at the Country Club after our weekly Polo match?

Some people lead honest lives and leave their cell phone in airplane mode too.

[quote=“ERParker”]
Thanks for finally taking my advice.
[/quote]

Welcome to WB, Bob. Been a subscriber to your newsletter “from the very start”.
Tom

You consider flipping a few cases of wine an investment portfolio?

[popcorn.gif]

FYI, the laws against “insider trading” do not cover the sale of wine…regardless of whether you have non-public information in your possession. The laws are specific to the sale of a security (i.e. an interest in a commercial enterprise), NOT the sale of any object.

WS board members seem to suggest Evening Land 2012 La Source as a strong possibility.