You can choose one hectare from any vineyard in Germany...which one would you go for?

Do I get credit for having walked the assmanhauser vineyard? But strictly speaking, isn’t assmanhauser/n just the reference to the town? It’s not actually the vineyard name, which is Hollenberg (at least the most well known).

Check the post where it first came up. Must not explain joke…

2 Likes

Niederhauser Hermannshohle

1 Like

My favorites from this vineyard were from the Staatsdomaine in the 1980s.

That’s correct - Hollenberg is the vineyard.

I’m just happy to have my surname tied to a Seinfeld joke all wrapped up neatly.

I came this close to posting that license plate :wink:

Another vote for Scharzhofberger over here!

I guess I’ll take the Doctor [shrug.gif]

You’d want to choose your parcel carefully, as it’s a very large vineyard, with a fair deal of variation. Von Hovel’s Scharzhofberger, for instance, generally isn’t as good as their Oberemmeler Hütte. As I recall, their vines are quite low down on the slope.

this would be my real choice for sure. I’m not sure who Hermann was, but his hohle is glorious

1 Like

Hundstruck makes some mighty good spatburgunder…

The Doktor. I want to live forever.
The Mosel with the potential of Rheingau majesty.

Vineyards like the Pralat and the Doktor seem like potentially great choices, but they are now so darned warm.

I’ll stick with making crazy, kinky Scheurebe Spätlese. :wink:

Having visited Egon Müller quite often, I know precisely which part I would like. And therefore I definitely did not mean the part in the hands of Von Hövel (or Van Volxem for that matter to name another)…

Of course. Except I’d say it’s in the Ruwer. :grinning:

Unless the answer is different than last time I discussed this topic with him, and he is now leaning Keller’s abts erde or g-max vineyard, I’m pretty sure his answer is Abtsberg. John? [wink.gif]

Since 2007 Mosel, Saar and Ruwer are now all legally referred to as “Mosel”.

Of course. Except G-max isn’t a vineyard. neener

I thought it was made from a vineyard whose name I’m too lazy to look up.

Have you tried Graacher Domprobst, like from Willi Schaefer? Might be right up your alley.