You know you're a wine geek when...

You deliberately buy nice stemware as gifts for friends and relatives so you can use them when you bring good wines over to share.

“Single, independently wealthy black male?”

…90% of which you rarely if ever purchase from.

Stunningly Inappropriate Wine Bragging Moment

Stop purveying, this is a wine website!

JUST HAPPENED . . .

It’s Christmas season and a delivery comes to the office with pretty boxes that have a sticker that says “Alcohol, adult signature required” so the mail room brings it right to your office without even looking at the address label.

PS - two boxes, both destined for other people.

FIFY!

Your manager’s manager gives everyone in the department a bottle of 2015 Camellon Malbec and you immediately regift it to the person in the next cube.

Not that this just happened or anything…

When you no longer buy wine off the shelf.

Self Imposed Wine Buying Moratorium.

I may have you all beat- I own a Winestein T-shirt, and where it with pride. I also have a t-shirt that says “Will work for Niederhäuser Hermannshöhle”

Where can I get one!?

My wife says:

When she puts a new cork on top of the kitchen cabinets, an old cork is forced off.

A friend with access to Dönnhoff asked if you’d like to clean her gutters.

Totally. “YOU drink BEER??”

… When a coworker gets a box delivered that you can tell is wine and you can’t get any work done because you’re so distractedly curious about what they bought (and then silently judgmental when you find out!)

…when a bottle of wine appears in a tv show or movie, and you totally lose the plot line because you’re obsessed with identifying the label.

Or better yet, you can pick it off pretty easy :wink: The cast of “Friends” was typically drinking big name stuff, like Silver Oak and Grgich Hills. Tony Soprano hit the jackpot thought, cases of 86 Pichon Lalande :slight_smile:

Damn, I’m afraid of heights! champagne.gif

I got it about 6 years ago from TT himself. He gave them out to top accounts in the trade.

…when the guy at the FedEx store goes to get your shipment the minute you walk in the door

When you name your dog Tete De Cuvee.

…when the guy at the FedEx store goes to get your shipment the minute you walk in the door

Or like last week, she says “I haven’t seen you for a while. I was wondering what happened to you. Here’s your box!”

… When a coworker gets a box delivered that you can tell is wine and you can’t get any work done because you’re so distractedly curious about what they bought (and then silently judgmental when you find out!)

In those cases I walk over to them and ask what’s in it. One guy had over a dozen 12 pack styro shipment boxes in his office and I couldn’t resist.

They were for his upcoming wedding. More was set to come.