You know you're a wine geek when...

Agree!

Or, yelling at the screen when they obscure the label.

A ‘recent’ favorite was seeing Leslie Knope and Ben Wyatt drinking Hundred Acre cab while on a business dinner for the city.

Todd shows up in your dream and you offer him a glass of decent Zinfandel.

I have to point out that it was not my dream. I do recall, though, smelling a wine in my dream, and waking up remembering what the wine was.

P Hickner

One of my partners is on a bunch of CA mailing lists and the boxes stack up in his office. I make it my duty to go by once every week or so to remonstrate with him for failing to take them home and put them in a cellar. Although, now that I think of it, I am not absolutely sure he HAS a cellar. Quell horreur!

When you worry that your water seems a bit off. Is it ever so slightly corked you wonder (hopefully silently to yourself)?

^^^^

Shamefully, I am a serious water snob

It turned out to be 2011 Castello dei Rampolla Sammarco. Not too shabby. I hinted at a 2 for 1 trade and when he said something about wine spritzers, I upped the offer to 3 for 1. Would have allowed me to regift some crap. He declined.

Or Pinot Noir.

Done that a couple of times!

JD

Here first doggie friends name was Zinfandel. The vineyard next to the winery I was working at grew PN so they named the rich dog “Zin”.

Does this mean that they name the poor dog Dornfelder?

I think he passed away before that was known. But a good name for a future dog of a wine geek.

Self Imposed Wine Buying Moratorium.
[/quote]

I like def. 1 and 2 much better than 3.

When your wine drinking rate varies with when the new club shipments are due.

When your non-Berserker wine buddies start talking about Pobega-ing a young wine.

All your vacations are planned around wine regions.

[welldone.gif]

when you wonder why they put a cork back into this bottle

FIFY champagne.gif

SWMBO just accepted another speaking gig at a conference in PDX while our girls are at camp in July. 2 days in PDX and then down to McMinnville. 3rd year in a row. Funny how that happens.

When your 1yo daughter points at your glass and calls your wine “daddy water”.

Somehow she knows Diet Coke is “mommy water” and coffee is just coffee.