You’re being evacuated from your home, what wine do you grab?

Had to evacuate while living in CO three times. Never grabbed any wine. Pictures, hard drives etc.

To be very clear we had advance warning of an impending evacuation so we had everything important packed up. When the mandatory order came we packed up the wife’s car and the animals and she left. I stayed, took a shower and got my truck ready. I then I washed the dinner dishes and waited for the power to go out before turning on the generator and leaving. As I was leaving I grabbed one bottle just to have something to drink when I got to my destination. No real thought went into the selection I just grabbed the first bottle I saw.

This is a simple flawed poll. No need to get sanctimonious.

What would be the first thing within reach in your cellar?

88 Krug (mag) and 88 Clos du Mesnil.

Probably a couple small bottles of sweet wine that I can’t get here.

I heard about how close it was on the news yesterday. Here’s hoping you guys are safe and sound and when you get back, everything is intact and undamaged.

Oh yeah, I’d probably grab some dog food! Those guys are going to get hungry!

Best of luck Brian!!

Just my wife and dogs.

Your post is why I eliminated some of the bigger names. My sense is that, since he does not make wine anymore, my Truchot would be the hardest wine to replace.

On that note, I would grab anything that would taste good that night to share with whoever I was staying with.

Obviously the biggest bottle of red I own! Sadly that’d would be a 750ml as things stand now.

[winner.gif]

Do not take your high-scoring Australian reds, as they might be considered flame hazards.

Most of my wine is stored off site, but I have a bottle of 1961 Latour which I put aside to share with a friend in a couple of weeks. Assuming the fire comes after that, as much old Cognac as I can carry.

Im glad I don’t have to think about this - and so I won’t. Good luck to you Brian and I hope it’s all there when you get back.

probably grab the 2 kids… :wink:

Is it possible to convert a “tiny home” into a cellar so it can be towed in case of emergency evacuation? Random thought while reading the thread. Hope everyone is safe.

The 3L Becklyn! It would be one heck of party that night. Be safe Brian!

A bottle of Quintarelli Amarone and my Delamain Le Voyage cognac without the leather case.

I grabbed the six pack of samples closest to the front door as I left in a hurry. Seeing I left my collection of Italian shoes behind I am wondering how these Pinots look on my feet. San Francisco is the only remaining enclave of first world in NorCal. #drinkIPA

This. Was actually just thinking this morning I need to do a better job of collecting high priority items into a couple of boxes that are easily accessible if we ever had to get out quick.

But in the spirit of Brian’s fun question, my one irreplaceable bottle is a 1937 Warre’s Colheita. But it’s not at home, it’s in a locker facility.

I would grab a 2012 GTS Cabernet Sauvignon. Grapes grown on Tom Seaver’s (great baseball pitcher , primarily for the New York Mets) Diamond Mountain property in Napa County. I’ve bought a few vintages over the years and this is the only one I have left . Hoping to drink it when the Mets win a World Series. Which means I probably will never drink it . Or I will be able to put it on salad with some oil .

I still don’t get any of this. I’d grab the picture my daughter drew in First grade. Wine? Really?