You’re being evacuated from your home, what wine do you grab?

And if I had more time, second grade

That’s not the question . Would it make you feel better if the question was “ you need to give away all your wine except for 1 bottle”?

+1

I would take many other things before wine, but the question was which wine. I would grab my wat h collection before wine, the replacement value is more. But wine is the question.

Seriously, it’s just an idea exercise. Brian has lived through this stuff — he’s not comparing wine to your loved ones, pets and family heirlooms.

Lighten up, everyone.

Lighten up, Francis.

The first person to get the quote, without googling it, gets a free bottle of wine from me.

On your honor not not googling it.

I have a Eurocave and rolling shelves…so it’s going to be 10-12 bottles. Probably my magnums shelf…

Since I have insurance and wine can be replaced, probably something easy to drink while waiting to return…

If it was to save a special bottle, I’d grab the 2004 Monfortino.

We have so few wines at the house, half of which are shiners or undrinkables that I’d grab my unopened bottle of Dewars knowing I’ll be evacuating to the shop. Next, rent a refrigerated 24 foot box truck and start loading it at the shop until I’m forced to evacuate there, (which isn’t very likely.) The truck will be loaded by order of cost, highest to lowest. Anybody assisting will have access to all the daily drinkers, (under $30) and free run of the walk-in humidor. My version of the Kobayashi Maru test.

Sgt Hulka, to Psycho, in Stripes. 100% from memory. Feel free to quiz me on the movie in person.

[No need for the bottle, but it’s a nice offer.]

Boy your all’s reading comprehension sucks. If you reach into your cellar in the dark what would be the first bottle your hand touches not what bottle is your most prized.

And David Baum, we packed all of our essentials long before we left. Pictures, important documents, animals, everything else is replaceable. On the way out I grabbed a bottle of wine out of the cellar in the dark. I opened the door and pulled the first bottle my hand touched.

Opened it tonight and it was corked! [swearing.gif]

There’s the reason you give it more thought OR Murphy’s law just bit you.

If your gonna grab one, That’s what you get for not grabbing a back up too

Sorry, times like that I just don’t think about just a bottle of wine. Your not wrong, just different

No take it all

This I get. Sucks that it was

That’s some Twilight Zone sh*t there.

What a bummer! I am sure Becklyn will be able to replace it. Best wishes with the fires as well.

None. A filing cabinet drawer full of photo negatives I keep in a cabinet near the garage for a quick exit. Everything else is just money.

If you insist, probably a 2007 Saxum JBV magnum in one hand and in the other a 2009 Montrose that my uncle told me on his death bed to take from his closet.

That Becklyn Missouri Hopper is super delicious…good grab.

We had the same thought planning for evacuation this morning in Santa Rosa. 2015 Monte Bello. A bottle we bought ourselves for our wedding to drink on an anniversary - so the bottle itself was important.

You’re wrong.

Maybe all of Brian’s wine is corked.