Your favorite Thomas Rivers Brown wine?

i don’t think you need the but :slight_smile:

great wine.

Riverain Cab

I have not had them all…but what about Back Sears?

What the heck is GTS?

Caterwaul. The 2018 is superb and it’s a steal at $50.

whichever one is in my glass?

I’m always amazed that every day on WineBerserkers, I read about a wine that I’ve never heard of before. Same goes for Lyrix.

edit. Just purchased the Caterwaul at Grapes the Wine Co in White Plains.

The 2018 Caterwaul Napa punches well above its price point. I am also looking forward to popping the cork on their Cemetery Vineyard bottling one of these days. Its located right next to Las Piedras, IIRC

Agree. [cheers.gif]

Another vote for riverain cab. Mmmm

I haven’t had many of the ones mentioned but would recommend Theorem Hawks Prey, much more approachable young than I expected.

+1 for Maybach too

I’ve only had TRB wines from Rivers-Marie. How does the RM style compare with his other cabs?

I’ve only had Rivers Marie but my pick is the Thierot Chardonnay.

Cheers,

Hal

Good question! Here is my rant. As I mentioned above, I have not had them all. By a long shot. I may not be the right person to answer, but, it has occurred to me that TRB is “honest” to what the vineyards will yield. That is, he tries to let the terroir speak. So they are mostly different in their own way, some better to my taste, some that I would not buy again…or even prioritize in a tasting. Stylistically I guess I would call them modern traditional whatever that means [scratch.gif] . That is, made with modern techniques but striving for vineyard character, and hence the traditional. I am not a fan of the Mending Wall or Round Pound wines I have tried…not that they were not well made, they just did not have the stuffing of the Rivers Marie SVs, Black Sears, Outposts that I have liked a lot.

2009 Schrader RBS

Good post, it is a true QPR champ.

Thank you! I assume GTS is really good? Seems limited?

I like it; it’s the most expensive wine I buy/bought . It’s around $150 with pricey shipping. If it wasn’t Tom Seaver’s wine I wouldn’t buy it .

Appreciate the insight. Thank you!