Your favorite Thomas Rivers Brown wine?

Riverain is the only one I have much experience so that’s what I’d go with.

I love many of them but Maybach Materium will always be my favorite.

has anyone had Selah yet ?

Why no love for river-Marie cabs?

I do love Rivers-Marie cabs, but if I’m picking one, it’s the Maybach.

Stone the Crows and Hobel!

Love many of the above…Rivers-Marie, Caterwaul etc…haven’t opened Selah yet…

1 Like

I have had Selah, it’s very good; easily recognizable as a TRB wine.

Based on this I had to open a bottle tonight, and you’re right. Really great!

Caterwaul is delicious in 18. I originally bought a three pack on release, opened a bottle a couple weeks ago, and immediately went back in for more. As I was drinking it. I try and wait a day or so to noodle on whether to buy more of anything, but not this guy… Easy decision at $50/per

Good choice. Ended up with 12 of them so far. Hard to beat for the price so far in 18. Really want to open one of the Cemetary Vineyard ones as I’ve heard they are very good. Patience isn’t my strong suit.

which vintages of Outpost and Rivers Marie Cabs are drinking well (I have back to 2011, but have not tried too many). I really enjoy the RM Pinots.

Favorite TRB wine…which ever one happens to be in the glass!

A group of winos met for a TRB tasting a few weeks ago - 3 Schraders (all RBS from '10, '13 and '16), Maybach, Revana, Kinsella, Pulido-Walker, 4-Winds, Jones. 2012 Pulido-Walker Panek won with the 4-Winds #2 and Schrader '16 RBS #3, '10RBS #4, '13RBS #5.

Not a clunker in the bunch. The P-W was my first ever and quite nice.

I am not saying he is Midas, but he proved something to me in this tasting. I am a huge R-M and Mending Wall fan as well.

The '13 RM Panek has been great.

My favs are RM Panek, which seems to be consistently good at a decent price, and Riverain Cabs and Syrahs. The '16 Oakville Cab and '16 Cardiac Hill Syrah are up there in my WOTYs for those varieties.

Thank you sir!

The Sparky mags are pretty awesome, but take a long time to come around. The 2001 MX was spectacular, but very limited.

Otherwise, have to agree with William Kelley, Summa Old Vines is special.

No, thank you! Great stuff! Thinking about trying one of the '16 Reserve Cabs soon how are they drinking?

Still pretty big, give it a good decant.

I have to admit I have a soft spot for the B. Thieriot Vineyard Sonoma Coast Chardonnay. It’s been one of my favorites since 2008. Year after year.

I had never heard of Caterwaul before this thread, but I’m intrigued, especially for the price. I picked up some '18 NV Cab today on sale at FirstBottleWines for $42.50. Excited to try it!

1 Like