Your lowest Cellartracker Scored Wine in Your Cellar

2005 Bordeaux D’Estournel, Avg 74.1, a couple of the reviews are pretty entertaining.

1989 Château Soucherie Coteaux du Layon CT avg 71.5 champagne.gif

1 Like

1965 Ch. Mouton Rothschild.

One score from a guy I’ve never heard of . . . .

10/12/2008 - KEITH LEVENBERG WROTE: 69 Points
The American Artists with Baroness Philippine de Rothschild (Del Posto): “A terrible year, a disaster all year round,” says Xavier. Hopes that this might turn into a pleasant surprise like the '74 are quickly dashed. Smells liike a cobwebbed attic; has some up-front sweetness and hasn’t broken up, but there’s no pleasure to be found here. I guess it’s a testament to the quality of Mouton’s raw materials that a wine from so atrocious a vintage would still be alive, but that’s about all you can say for it.

:wink:

Just my opinion, but wines older than 15-20 years old should not be scored with points.

My lowest two were both gifts.
One is a 2010 Chateau Grimard Bordeaux, with a 77.8 CT avg score and 3 ratings.
Second is a 2008 Channing Daughters Chardonnay Scuttleholewith a 78.7 CT avg score and 3 ratings.

The lowest one purchased is 2009 Bedrock Wine Co. Zinfandel Russian River Valley. I thought it was flawed, as did many others. Some apparently enjoyed it. With 30 notes, it has an 81.9 CT avg rating.

2008 Willamette Valley Vineyards PN Founder’s Reserve, 83.6 points community average.

Some pretty harsh reviews drag the rating down. The bottle I opened was totally inoffensive and actually bordered on the enjoyable. Didn’t rate at the time, but would feel comfortable giving it at least an 85.

2007 Château Pesquié Côtes du Ventoux Blanc Quintessence - 84.3 with only 6 TNs. I’ve only had one bottle and didn’t record a note but I do remember liking it and finding it interesting. Filled my palate with dark energy! :wink:

(80% Rousanne, 20% Clairette)

This was probably the worst (non-corked, etc.) wine I’ve ever tasted. It was an ex-chateau bottle, at the same tasting as Keith with the Baroness. Absolutely awful. Parker, describing a different bottle, says “The odor of rotten garbage, stale mushrooms, and stewed fruit is appalling” and gives it 50 points, the lowest possible score.

On the other hand, it’s only $1500 a bottle now.

Ben

82 points 2005 Philip Shaw Pinot Noir No. 8 Aussie pinot that I will say was lucky to get such a high score [bleh.gif]

1 Like

2010 Stefania Haut Tubee - 84.7 CT pts.

I’m stumped as to how to get this data from CT. Can someone give me a simple bullet list of steps and then I can play. Since I am such a fan of scoring wines, I’d like to see what the end result is out of curiousity.

Ah, nevermind, I figured it out. Here is mine, although without the weighting impact of more notes versus less (this wine has 3 reviews, with 2 ratings), not sure what value this gives the discussion.

2010 Francois Carillon Saint-Aubin 1er Cru Le Charmois 85

I demonstrates that the wine is French? neener

A 375ml of 2007 Nicolas Potel Morey St. Denis…84 points.

A couple of surprising ones:

Not averages, but single scores:

2001 Reignac 74 points
1996 Château Duhart-Milon 75 points
1994 Château La Mission Haut-Brion 77 points
1999 Louis Jadot Beaune 1er Cru Clos des Ursules 78 points
1999 Domaine du Vieux Télégraphe Châteauneuf-du-Pape La Crau 79 points
1996 Robert Mondavi Winery Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve Napa Valley 79 points

LOL, perhaps I should sell it! Nah, will be fun to pop, sniff and puke for $hits and giggles on my 50th.

I have 10 bottles of 2004 Quincha Corral…80pts on Cellartracker…

I feel sorry for those people that don’t like this wine :slight_smile:

For me it is
NV Cascina Baricchi Visages de Canaille Piedmont Rosé Blend 50 points
which is ridiculous - as I have actually had it twice and it is a more than decent wine.

Next are

2003 Ogier Caves des Papes Châteauneuf-du-Pape Cuvée Reine Jeanne
75 points

2003 Château de Mons Premières Côtes de Bordeaux
71 points

I haven’t tasted either… and as such aren’t really looking forward to it. Actually both were given to me as gifts [smileyvault-ban.gif]

I have one remaining bottle of '01. I haven’t tried the 04 but I can’t imagine an 80 pointer. The '01 is fabulous.

1 Like

2011 Donkey & Goat Five Thirteen at 78 points. Ouch. Haven’t had it yet but I love their wines.