Your lowest Cellartracker Scored Wine in Your Cellar

Try the 2009 - stuff is epic

2010 San Felice Contrada , at 84 points. Bought two bottles for 9 $ each. I think the rating is pretty accurate

I do thank you :wink: Seriously, you might as well give it a try and see if I’m completely out to lunch.

Two of my four lowest scoring are Texier. Zylberberg must be pulling down the curve…

2009 C.V.N.E. (Compañía Vinícola del Norte de España) Rioja Cune Crianza - CT83

Dois Irmaos pinot noir. Nuff said.

2002 Domaine Jasmin Côte-Rôtie

CT = 78.7

Michael

Usually I give 50 points for anything containing alcohol, but the 2007 St. Innocent Momtazi Pinot was so bad I scored it 23 points. Couldn’t drink enough of it to get a buzz.

2011 Julien Frémont Cidre Pays d’Auge Brut par Nature 69 points, It’s a random apple wine from Garagiste. I just picked it up last week and the color on it alone I’m pretty sure it’s going to make me sick, but why not,

Next 2 are

NV Hijos de Rainera Perez Marin Jerez-Xérès-Sherry La Guita Manzanilla Sanlucar de Barrameda 80 points, which I’ve actually had before and I think is a great value sherry. It’s not a show stopper, but for under $10 a bottle I think it’s great

Then Dois Irmaos…

Funny thing is that my highest rated wine is

2007 Señorio de Barahonda Tinto Barrica 95 points, cost me $8 bought 2, I drank one and it’s just ok, but 1 guy can throw the curve in a hurry.

I know one of the most interesting wines I have in this regard is the 1990 Pavie Macquin - the bottle variation on this concoction is legendary. There are 19 notes on CT, of which 8 are 89 or better and 5 were flawed, the rest falling somewhere in between.

That mirrors my experience; on release it was very nice, probably a decent if ripely-done 90+ pointer, but as the wine has aged that bottle variation has become more and more common, with appalling levels of volatile acidity on several occasions. Given the way this thing has aged, I’ve often felt it was probably one of the first truly spoofilated wines ever made, although I’m sure the heat of the vintage, paired with the winemaker’s desire to harvest very ripe fruit, did this wine no favors in terms of it’s ability to age gracefully.

2009 Philippe Colin Chassagne-Montrachet, CT80

The most recent low score was HEDGES. pileon

NV Nashoba Valley Apple Chrysleton

It was a wedding gift from years ago. So many years ago that the bride and groom have since divorced and are both now remarried. For some time now, in fact.

I knew you were all wondering who was holding that bottle! neener

1952 Jean Bourdy Côtes du Jura Rouge – 82 points (from only two notes). This was an old bottle (alleged) domaine-direct release from Garagiste. If the wine is as bad as these two notes suggest, I will be very disappointed.

• 2004 Loimer Riesling Langenloiser - Austria, Niederösterreich, Kamptal, Langenlois (10/20/2012)
    Pale yellow. Nice aromatics and a good amount of acid, but only a hint of fruit flavors, yet nothing else stands out. Clean tasting, but not really tasting much of anything. Methinks its past it’s prime. (80 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Not too bothered as it was a cheap impulse buy. I should add that the only score on the wine happens to be my own.

80 pts - 2005 Domaine Felettig Bourgogne Hautes Côtes de Nuits

2011 Rivers-Marie Pinot Noir Occidental Ridge Vineyard

CT 87pts.

I was very surprised to see this as the lowest rated, I would assume there are only a couple of reviews so far.

I had a bottle of this about 18 months ago. It was fairly unpleasant when opened. After a few hours it was perhaps a bit
better but not really enjoyable. Most of the bottle was dumped. The Chaume bottling from 89 was quite good a few months
before this bottle.

1997 Rockford Basket Press Shraz at 82 points.

I didn’t realize that it sucked this bad when I had it a couple of weeks ago.

^ Next time pay closer attention.