Your wine of the Year

2002 Billaud Simon Les Preuses Chablis Grand Cru from my all round favorite Chablis producer. Totally stunning at age 10+

Had at Berns over the summer with a bottle of the 93 Roumier. Great night for wine.

1978 DRC Richebourg

1991 Chave Cuvee Catheline (red Label).

I think some people in this thread misunderstood which year we were talking about.

1990 Belle Epoque - my proposal champagne consumed again tonight at the same table in Port Douglas. Still with searing length - never had a better vintage of this marque.

Yep. This is really good.

Either that or they were invited to some really great New Years Day parties.

My choice is based on drinking enjoyment/low expectation ratio as it is a wine that put a smile on my face this year. I have enjoyed this wine a few times over the past few months and it is a 1997 Palmer Vineyards(Long Island) Merlot Reserve. I shared a bottle with friends on NYE to match with beef wellington and they were so surprised that a Long Island wine could not only be that good but also age so well…Gary

I bought a couple older Rochioli Pinot Noirs from auction this year. The 1999 East Block, and the 2001 River Block. I drank them about 6 months apart, so I cannot decide which was the best - but they are 1a and 1b for me.

Bought a 2002 West Block as well, but that is not yet opened.

81 Krug CdM

You are right!

My best wine of 2014 would have to be 82 Mongeard Mugneret Grands Eche.

Ooops … 2012 La Palma Merlot (Chile, Rapel Valley) pileon

I had a liter bottle of Hugl Gruner V. at a New Year’s Day party. Set me back $9.99.
WOTY by default, as I got a nasty head cold immediately thereafter and switched to tea.
(It is a great value bottle, though.)

1995 Angelus

HA HA!! Yes, I totally missed this point!

2004 Keller “G-Max”

Technically we were still sipping passed midnight. That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it!

Anyone who’s participated on the WOTY listing thread, I’ll be checking your answer here [grin.gif]

So far, a very nice 2006 Henri Boillot Chassagne Les Embrazees.

Darling son brought me home some Stolpman Syrahs from SB. You can’t get them here in San Diego. They were wonderful, and I absolutely love this winemaker. Funny that I had almost a whole bottle one night when no one else wanted much and I certainly didn’t want to waste it, and I surprisingly woke up with no headache or any kind of reaction to the 14%+ alcohol. Perhaps it was the lamb with basil garlic olive oil and mixed fresh pepper (organic from Israel) we had for dinner with it? I don’t get it when supposedly natural wines by Price-Myers like, “Beautiful Earth,” that are unfined and unfiltered (which I love) gave me an incredible stuffy nose so I couldn’t even breathe. Go figure.