Another Flannery PSA

Not sure we’ve ever had beef aged this long and really hoping we like it, but we decided to get 2x the 50 day 16oz ribeyes and 1x the 75 day 12 oz ribeye. Also decided to try one of their standard “Midwestern” 16oz ribeyes. Needless to say, we like ribeyes!

A few years back they did some extra aged stuff for BD sales. I remember liking a little extra age, (maybe 45 day) but finding the lotta extra age (maybe 60 day) too funky for my taste. YMMV

Yeah, I hear you. I think we’ve had 30 day aged stuff and enjoyed it. I went for the 75 day aged because the description of the rib section from which it was cut made it sound like it wouldn’t “taste aged” due to the full bone and fat being left intact. We’ll see!

It’s my favorite steak, and every guest I’ve served it to has loved it. It beat a Flannery wagyu strip & CA Reserve ribeye in a tasting I hosted.

I have no idea why I never see anyone else rave about it here, but that’s more for me!

Love ‘em. Add some in every order that they are available. Nothing against the ribeyes and strips but my favorites may be the hangers, the short loin tail, and hamburger.

Yes it was a great marketing move, had to order a dozen more after tasting one of those [cheers.gif]

The real brilliance is getting you to post so I will order some… [cheers.gif]

The timing of this sale is perfect; my father turns 85 this week.
champagne.gif

Ack! I can’t find the 75 day!!!

Maybe sold out with such a limited supply?

I was disappointed that we were limited to only 2 steaks each because I would have loaded up just for the novelty. The porterhouses don’t appeal to me because we don’t like filet. And, I’m not that enthused with the bone in ribeyes just because I don’t think the bone adds anything. But, I went ahead and got a dozen of those to bring my proportional shipping costs down.

I just picked up some nys; 28 day is my favorite. I haven’t been a huge fan of the shortloin tail.

Last night’s delivery from the prior sale … Hangers and Jorges and a few other bits
Steaks.jpg

That there is a beautiful thing to behold, Michael.

That puts the Mmmmm in Mmmmmmooooo! [cheers.gif]

Picked up a few more to share with my parents on a visit next weekend.
Dad turned 85 yesterday–still going strong!

Nice interview re: dry aged beef

[cheers.gif] to your dad!

One of the great blessings of my life was to have my wife’s parents in our lives. Nanny is 89 and going strong, as well! She lives with us 2/3 time (she still travels and does part time with my wife’s sister) and when she’s here we try to keep the house bustling. She is bright and bon vivant and our circle of friends include her in conversation, wine talk, life talk, cooking talk…and lots of Flannery beef.

She thinks we live an exciting life because we entertain so much when she is here, but she’s the best reason for the entertaining. I think it really gives her positive energy.

1 Like

Another sale: 35% off Midwestern Hangers and 30% CA Ribeye.

I jumped on the hangers immediately

I see the hangers on sale, but which CA ribeye is on sale?

Edit: NVM found it

Crap, I ordered Burger Blend last week and threw in 10 shortloin tails to round it out for free shipping. If only…

Timing is everything.

1 Like