Bella Oaks - Save the date, Sept 21

Yep I didn’t plan on biting until yesterday. I just accepted the fact my wallet would hurt and didn’t want any FOMO. Placed a standing order.

In for 3 pack

$893 with two day shipping

hope this lives up to the hype

Interesting, I didn’t see an option for placing a standing order. Was that front-and-center when placing an order, or somewhere else?

I didn’t either. Was wondering if its part of a wine club membership; there’s a club membership tab that doesn’t contain any info yet on their website.

in for a 3-pack, $861 all in with delivery to Oregon. I did have the option for a standing order, it was front and center on the offer page.

I am gonna pass; I just don’t drink enough cab to justify it. Maybe will regret it but oh well.

I passed. Too pricey for something I’ve never tasted. And like Michael I’m drinking less and less Cali Cab.

966 all in would’ve been the cost…

I’m sure there are several like me, but I was one of the first people who signed up for Kinsman Eades back in the day and was offered their inaugural release for their 2016s months before it opened to everyone on the mailing list. I hesitated and passed on my offering based on the prices, since I told myself I couldn’t justify spending over $200 ($235/bottle) on a new release from a not so well known site on Diamond Mountain. Of course, now I regret it and I’m kicking myself in the rear end for not taking the plunge back then.

Thus, I think I’ll take the gamble this time and go in for a 3-pk. Especially with the 2020 vintage releases next year which are a no-go for me (unless I get to taste them first).

Anyone in NYC area want a bottle? Happy to share a pack.

1 Like

I also got a 1.5L as well… My wallet is done…

Happy to share some/all to anyone in the DFW area. I was able to taste with Shea last year (not the Bella Oaks wine, but some Kinsman Eades), and she and the wines were fantastic. I had planned on a hard cap on my wine purchases with nothing above $200 a bottle, but made an exception when the Kinsman wines came out earlier this year. And promised myself that would be the only one. I would love to jump in here, but I just can’t do it. Best of luck to some great people, and what I am sure is a great wine.

I jumped in today. Took down a 3 pack

1 Like

Anyone taste the wine at wheeler farms? Decided to bite and have my tasting in mid October.

1 Like

I wonder if Bella Oaks will sell out at that price point. Seems many new buyers here. Of course it’s the first vintage, but I am surprised it’s not sold out yet considering the popularity of Kinsmen wines.

I know the Mag and 3L sold out within hours.

$275/ea is a lot for a wine that basically nobody has ever tried, and for which no secondary-market pricing data exists. It’s only been two days, and I’m not at all surprised that it hasn’t sold through yet - even though Nigel is at the helm. Maybe next year, after more people have had a chance to taste it and hear about it, it will move more quickly.

1 Like

Yes, high cost first release. Greer next door is about $100 less per 750.

I think the reality is that Nigel is still somewhat unproven. Kinsman is getting a ton of love lately, but otherwise, I’d say Nigel hasn’t done much that I am aware of that has been hyped at that level. The Kinsman project has been fantastic thus far but I don’t know that he has the name of a TRB or a Melka where just his name sells $275 bottles instantly. Even those two don’t sell much at that price point tbh.

Time will tell and I’m rooting for them, but it seems like a big ask to a lot of us from what I can gather.

Nigel & Shae’s personal label may only be 3 vintages old, but that’s far from the extent of his experience. Given his experience at Eisele and Accendo (among others, I’m sure), he’s been making $200+ cabernet for more than a decade, now. Add in a recent re-plant by David Abreu and “consulting services” by Michel Rolland, and it’s not hard to see how this bottling comes in close to 3 bills. This is a team whose talent and reputation rivals Scarecrow, Sloan, etc (Rutherford big dogs). Compared to them, this is arguably a bargain…