Cayuse is Live

Adam, the buying doesn’t increase that quickly, nor does one need to buy Wine X to get Wine Z.

Yep. The only hostage situation is that you only get offered what you bought the year before or what you wishlist.

(Added) Oh and you pay a year and a half ahead of receiving the wine

I got Armada this year
Impulsivo last year
Still waiting on Pig, Frog and Widowmaker

I got Armada too, which I actually don’t remember wishlisting, but apparently I did…

Funny. I, too, was granted one of my “wish list” wines and it, too, was Armada Vineyard Syrah.

The Armada is excellent, imo.

Agreed, now that I’m getting BF and have had a chance to compare I think Armada might actually be better.

good to know - thanks Alex

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed Armada and it was the first wish-list wine I was granted 9 years ago. For my palette its a toss up between Cailloux & Armada for which is my favorite.

Wow. Really?!? I’ve never had a Bionic Frog, but it’s reputation makes your report a surprise.

Brian, just to clarify on my completely subjective comment, I’ve only had BF a handful of times vs. many bottles of Armada so there is that (hence “might” actually be better).

Fair enough, Alex. I like that you simply go with your preferences rather than “conventional wisdom.” [cheers.gif]

Same to you man – I’ve always appreciated the honesty in your TNs!

I am close to agreeing with this. I think the BF can sometimes be more complex, but I have had some Armada’s that I think are as good if not better.

I have always said that if you are buying on the secondary market, I would buy Armada over BF given the price difference. (On release they are close to the same price.)
Edit: And for what it is worth, I have had lots of BF and Armadas over the years.

Wish list honored; 1 — 2017 EN CERISE 3 X 750 ML newhere

I have tasted both since Armada’s debut in 04 and while I agree that some years Armada outshines the Frog , I will take Frog most of those years.To add on I have liked En Cerise better than all of them most years.

No wishlist for me! :frowning:

Jk.

Only wines I’m trying for now are Widowmaker & Impulsivo, hopefully someday but not too worried.

Offered a 3 pack of En Cerise and purchased.

I haven’t tasted for a long time- but the barrel sample I had of the 2007 Armada is one of the best wines I have tasted.

1 Like

no wishlist for me… altho i only wishlisted the Frog…