Di Costanzo '18 Fall Release

When’s the Zoom again? I saw an email a couple weeks back but can’t seem to find it…

Live Tasting with Erin & Massimo Di Costanzo
Monday, August 31st, 5 PM – 5:45 PM PST

Grazie

Hey WB friends, thanks so much for the interest.

Please consider this a friendly invitation for any Berserkers to hop on the Zoom.

Topic: Di Costanzo Virtual Tasting
Time: Aug 31, 2020 05:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 886 8907 3404
Passcode: 712866

Massimo and I will both be there tasting through the '18 DI CO + '18 Di Costanzo Caldwell, telling some backstory on the vintage and both of the sites. Should be the next best thing to an in person tasting, the night before the release.

Open anything you might like to sip along with us!

RSVP not required, but appreciated only so we can know to say hi.

Thanks all!

Drinking a Di Co right now, and looking forward to Monday!

The unanimous enthusiasm for these wines just made me join the mailing list. Looking forward to my first release on Tuesday! Cheers. champagne.gif

Looking forward to hearing about the release on Monday and purchasing on Tuesday.

“2018 DI CO getting 93-95 points and the 2018 Di Costanzo Caldwell getting 93-96 points. “Massimo Di Costanzo’s 2017s and 2018s are off the charts.” –Antonio Galloni“

[winner.gif] [winner.gif]

I’ve been following them since the 13 Farella. Wonderful wines and very nice folks.

I found Erin and Massimo by reading through posts last year. 2017 release was amazing. Erin hosted a zoom 2017 online tasting a few months ago for a group of friends. Everyone touted it as the highlight of social distance experiences. Great people!

Y’all are gonna love that Caldwell!

How’s it compare to the farella?

They will surely do a much better job of explaining, but all I know is that they are both delicious. It’s cool that they are separated by I think a half mile as the crow flies, and Farella is lower elevation while Caldwell is hillside/higher up. There’s also a decent chance that I am mixing that up ( I’m fairly deep on a bottle of 2014 Seven Stones right now :wink:)

(@blarmston, sounds like a nice Sunday!)

NickRut, we’ve loved seeing the Caldwell Cabernet evolve in it’s short time on this earth. For us, at this moment, the way that it is different from Farella is that it doesn’t have the deep, tar, bass-note, brooding quality that we find (and love) in that wine. The Caldwell is deeply dimensional, but its lower notes seems to show a finer grit of volcanic minerality. While it is still classic Di Costanzo (so, not a juicy or fruity wine necessarily) there are fewer savory qualities in the Caldwell than in the Farella. Farella also always shows that gorgeous soft-leaved herbal component, especially in cooler years. In this Caldwell, we don’t find that component of the Cabernet spectrum. It has an abundant, red-fruit driven profile. (I fully admit that I said it’s not fruity… but that is has a red-fruit driven profile. Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.) My first impressions of this wine, which persist now that it is finished and bottled, are that I find, love and admire the vibrant fruit that I always appreciated in the Caldwell Wines back when I sold and shared those earlier in my career, but through Massimo’s lens and our shared vision, that vibrant fruit is more clear, more pure, stripped back and unfettered.

We are really grateful to focus on this release and the kind interest from so many of you guys. Helps take the mind off of the roller coaster couple of weeks we’ve all experienced. Looking forward to saying hi to lots of you tomorrow. Thanks all!

Great notes on the Caldwell and totally agree! Definitely lifted red fruits and floral (and delicious!) Actually drinking at '17 Montecillo right now that is just fantastic, really looking forward to being able to place an order for the 18’s!

Looking forward to joining the zoom meeting. Great cali wines by great people.

Excited for tonight. Have 2017 DiCo and a 2017 Sandler - Lazarre Vineyard cabernets in the decanter. One new favorite and an old favorite. Looking forward to see how then unwind. Both have been in the decanter about 3 hours so far…

Sean

Being on the East Coast we started sipping on a 16 DiCo. Excellent!!! Looking forward to the Zoom.

Was prepping dinner during the zoom call, but was able to listen in. Excited for tomorrow.

Thank you for the detail! Very appreciated

Great call excited for the release. Opened a 16 Di CO on Sunday night left half the bottle for the zoom last night. It was drinking really nicely especially on the second day