Ever boycott a winery?

An individual not buying a wine on the secondary market is hardly a boycott. Heck, not buying a wine in the primary market is hardly a boycott. Organizing a larger group to not buy is what gets you going on a boycott.

The OP is just saving a little money, and trying to pat himself on the back about it.

Make that two!

The number of lobbyists employed by corporations and groups of corporations to advance their political agenda is almost beyond counting. Even groups of relatively small corporations(Willamette Valley Wineries Association for example) are constantly pushing a political agenda, if for no other reason than to keep a different set of corporations from imposing their will on us via lobbying.

Anyone who thinks that any but a fraction of the smaller wineries many people on WB really enjoy would be available for you still, without political groups defending their existence through advancement of a political agenda, is terribly naive.

Itā€™s probably not even particularly bad business to align yourself with the right thing to do, but itā€™s certainly bad business for your humanity to stand aside, do nothing, and pretend like you can live in an apolitical world. Justice is justice and Iā€™ll let Desmond Tutu take it from here:

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.

I can forward it to you.

Iā€™d appreciate a copy/paste to the thread if thatā€™s not too political; posting without comment seems to be information rather than politics.

I would be surprised if itā€™s much beyond a basic statement of alignment.

Uh, oh.

Details?

According to the rules of Festivus, Airing of Grievances doesnā€™t start til December 23.

So nurse your rage and sharpen your knives til then!

I was going to, but I deleted it and canā€™t find it in any email trash cans. I donā€™t think you are going to be surprised.

1 Like

Without reading the email I canā€™t say for certain, but if you are choosing to stop supporting a business because of their support of the BLM movement, well, thatā€™s an interesting stance, yeahā€¦Iā€™ll go with interesting.

No doubt. If you want not to buy from some winery because of something they did or said, thatā€™s totally fine and itā€™s your money, but people probably flatter themselves a bit too much by ascribing some powerful stand of principle to it.

Very well said

come on Anton, you know exactly who it is.

and when heā€™s named this thread will get moved.

The Pax email had a short statement, links to an album, some books, and a podcast they felt had inspired them on the topic, and links to some other resources.

-Al

Posting as Pics as it is very visual.
Pax1.JPG
Pax5.JPG
Pax4.JPG
Pax3.JPG
Pax2.JPG
Pax7.JPG
Pax6.JPG

Oh, god, the horror. How dare they rolleyes

I really donā€™t care about their support for BLM; however, I did not provide my email address to them for this purpose. In my opinion, this is the same as all those robocalls that we all love so much.

Fair enough, but it seems odd that their one email addressing an a rather relevant national movement so quickly dissuaded you from being a customer of theirs.

I own a business.

I try not to piss people off and deciding how not to do that these days is almost a 50/50 crapshoot, but I really try not to piss people off. Itā€™s bad for business and we feed many mouths, from employees to suppliers. It would suck to hurt all of them just so I could make a point, whatever it may be.

1 Like

Wow. welcome to the ignore list. How dare someone offer support for social justice.