Grassl Wine Glasses, and a few Zaltos if you need them

I loved the sample one I was sent with cab. Chris recommended that shape based on my drinking of a lot of big Napa cabs. Was very enjoyable.

Thank you!

Does anyone have 1st hand experience with the Cru? I’m in for at least 6 1855 and trying to decide on the Cru. I noticed that Brig chose to test the 1855 with pinot against another high end glass with a good result. Also, does anyone have actual stem thickness measurements? I really like the GGG stems, which are maybe a mm thinner than Zalto and saw somewhere that these are thicker than Zalto. Either way a great deal at the price but trying to decide on quantity.

Tom, to break this down, Cru > 1855 for Burgundian wines (white or red).

We draw to 5MM, Gabe and Zalto draw to 4MM on the stem. 1MM is noise - but - oddly everyone (including me) can feel it. But we chose to go 1MM more for stability and durability. I’ve sold thousands of Zalto stems. If they break, they break there.

PST…no risk on a return.

Wow, that’s awesome Chris! Since I never got a sample and have never seen one of these glasses in person, I was hesitant to order, but this makes it a no brainer. Thank you. champagne.gif

In for 2 of each, excited to try them.
Thanks!

I started using GG Standart last year and like them. Which is closest to that for all-around use? I’m not savvy enough to have different glasses for different wines.

Cru is a GREAT beer glass too. Grillin & Chillin in SoCal. Action photo attached.
Message_1548294836198.jpg

Fuck it I went for 6 or each.

Since I never got a sample

pileon [cry.gif]

I’m sorry.

Which is closest to that for all-around use?

Liberté sir.

f*ck it I went for 6 or each.

And I love you for it.

I was hoping to test these in advance, but missed out - however the nice vids posted convinced me to take 6xCru, so looking forward to them. Best of luck with the venture Chris.

6 each of 1855 and Cru.

I’m going in for 6 of the 1855s. Chris was gracious enough to let me try all four, and while I like them all in varying degrees, the 1855s suits my wine preferences best: Bordeaux, Chinon, and I think that they show well with Northern Rhone, too. The glasses are excellent quality as well.

Hmm, the decanter looks interesting . . . .

Thanks, just ordered six.

6 Cru
Chris sent me a Verite. I love it, but need PN stems right now.

I don’t even vaguely need wine glasses, nor did I get a sample, but I’m still in for 12 of the 1855s. Trust Chris, and the replacement idea is interesting. We don’t break very many glasses (knock wood), but it’s definitely reaffirming. Thinking/hoping these will replace my current “everyday” glasses, Speiglau Bordeaux Hybrids, which are dead ringers in shape, if not weight and feel, for the Zaltos I admit I’m too paranoid to use regularly. (Which, yes, IS dumb, since we’ve never broken one, but hard to break habit of just reaching for still-pretty-good cheaper stems “just in case”.)

Just ordered 2 Liberte and two 1855. Looking forward to trying them.

Just ordered 6x cru and 6x Liberte

Thanks Chris!

ive been looking for burg stems for awhile now (usually reach for gabriels for everything else). was a bit late to the game on the trials but the generous pricing, return and breakage policy, and my past experience getting my gabriels from Chris makes this seem like no downside. picked up a dozen Cru.

thanks!