How Often Do You Drink Wine?

I agree with this. I’ve gone to restaurants promising myself I’ll be good and restrict myself to one glass off the list. Then I’m obligated to nurse it carefully over several courses and somehow that’s worse than not having any at all. These days we average 1-2 nights a week with friends where I’ll consume in the ballpark of a bottle, and that seems to be the right amount

nightly with dinner, and sometimes with a weekend lunch.

It varies, depending on cuisine, time, environment, health, and energy levels. It ranges from 0 times in a week to 5 or 6 times in a week. Average is probably 3 times per week, and it’s with food 95%+ of the time.

1 or 2 glasses a night, 3 or 4 nights a week. Rarely more than two nights in a row.

If I go beyond half a bottle, I usually no longer enjoy it.

Depending on what’s for dinner. Wednesday and Friday are almost always wine nights, then after that it’s a crap shoot.

On average, 4-5 oz four nights per week and 6-8 oz one night per week, with two nights off.

I’ll drink up to three glasses when dining at home with friends, but that is only once or twice a month. I’ll also try to limit myself to three glasses at a wine dinner, regardless of how fancy or expensive. I want to remember the wines and, honestly, anything more than one glass can mess with my sleep.

Friday and Saturday nights pretty much every week. Sometimes a glass or two on Sunday. Hardly ever during the week

I probably have a case and a half of beer a year. Scotch maybe 3-4 times a year.

We split a bottle most nights. Can be (often is) more on weekends. Whole point of the hobby is to be continually tasting, learning and experiencing - I would have trouble limiting myself to just a couple of days a week

We drink wine most nights. I exercise 15-20 hours a week between dog hiking and mountain biking.

Roughly 5 nights/week … sometimes have a cocktail or two on weekend afternoons by the pool (no liquor during the week ever).

I work 20 days a month, 10 of those no wine, the other 10 probably a bottle a night. The 10 days I’m off, at least a bottle to a bottle and 1/2. * Not counting any tastings or dinners.

With dinner, essentially every night. Plenty of serious exercise: running, yoga, biking, walking etc

Me and my girl share a bottle almost every night, generally share a few bottles with friends on the weekend.

Been trying to cut down to 2-3 days a week, used to be almost every night. Sometimes it was just a bit of cognac after dinner or 1-2 glasses + an ounce of cognac. Lately though been feeling the need to cut back for health reasons, maybe I need to exercise more. It would be great if wine was not a “negative” factor to health, which IMO it is, even though I love it. I wish it weren’t but from sleep disturbance to fatty liver, it is hard to convince myself that it is not. I still do like it, just wish the human body was more adapted to it :slight_smile:

Judging by the weight I’ve put on since March 2020, way too often.

Lot of negatives with alcohol consumption, don’t let the choir on this board tell you otherwise.

With dinner every night. Don’t drink any other kind of alcohol.

But since my foot dictated no more running, I’m trying to find a way to burn off those calories. Stair master, nordic track, biking - none are as efficient as running. So I have to cut down on my food intake.

almost any time friends or family come over. rarely if i’m solo. my wife doesnt like wine anymore. but my kids are well trained.
on any given day, there might be a bottle open or at least 2-3 standing up in the queue.
major carnage ensues if we have an offline or wine dinner which helps in the cellar/new offer exchange program.

Every night except on days when we’ve done a small group lunch tasting in which case I skip wine that night.

Once a month , and my wife drinks none.
I buy to serve to friends.