Popeyes Chicken Sandwich

it’s the best national fast food item I can think of.

My in laws are picking up my daughter from school tomorrow so my wife and I are going to have a dinner date.

She texted me and asked if we could get Popeyes and eat the sandwich there instead of doing take out due to the kid. I might even splurge and let her get fries

Since you are suggesting alternatives… Skillet Fried Chicken Sammy. (yes, that is the name)

I call it a sandji. Either way Popeye’s is good s**t.

I would do red beans and rice and corn. Cole slaw avg. Good biscuits though. Just saying.

The tots are mediocre.
The biscuits and the red beans and rice are terrific.
In the words of Chris Rock, “Popeyes is TOO good.”

Red beans and rice, biscuits & mashed potatoes w/gravy from Popeyes = yum. I do still give KFC the edge for coleslaw tho.

Budlong Hot Chicken Sandwich. Not cheap

6E5CECF9-0FEC-488D-8D42-221C03B8E0AB.jpeg

But is it better than the spicy chicken sandwich from Wendy’s or Chik fil A? Popeyes has a spicy option too, right? Faturday coming early!

Hell, yes. But it’s $11, I think

Popeyes has spicy too

Definitely better than wendy’s

Will try to snag one within the next week or two but reading reports some areas are sold out until October? Craziness

That seems a bit unbelievable. But a lot of the stores sell out early. Some only sell them during peak meal hours. One near me ran out Saturday and won’t have additional stock until Tuesday.

My friend’s coworker just bought 60 sandwiches for their office lunch today O_O

Had Popeyes today, but the sandwich was sold out. The one I go to is constantly chaos (in the best possible way), but somehow they manage to make good bird. It’s the alt universe Chick Fila, dirty floor, a dozen people whom appear to be doing whatever they want, and most thankfully I don’t get slapped with a half dozen of the oh so genuine “my pleasure(s)”. I asked for just gravy with no potatoes today and thought I was going to get tossed out :slight_smile:

I’ve never even had the tenders at Popeyes but thought about it today. Sometimes I’ll just buy tenders at chick fila and use this to make a sandwich or sliders on better bread with my own condiments at home. A quick reheat in the oven makes then crispy fresh.

Haha, that could have been me today in the back lot after the gravy incident. The girl at the register was just adamant about ringing it in. I kept saying, can’t you leave it as is (mashed potatoes) and just skip the ice cream scoop of potatoes? We had the whole place in a tizzy until some other innocent catastrophe came up, and the whole thing dropped in a snap. Hilariously then, the guy in front of me who had paid and was waiting the 8 min for spicy chicken decides he wants to know how much a side of gravy is. No one could tell him, and he wouldn’t let up. seizing the opportunity to diffuse the chaos a guy comes from the back scoops some gravy and just hands it to the guy. Should have been named Manager on the spot. Not sure I can go back tomorrow…

They are so busy they don’t have to think. Just fry chicken. Put already. Put pickle. Bun. Haphazardly wrap sandwich and repeat

How much is corkage?

Sneak peek of Chuckles tomorrow with a bottle of Juge to accompany his Popeyes spicy chicken sando with extra sauce and pickles.

21EBF407-9B6D-4B84-991C-F69D344BF73B.jpeg

The Popeye’s spicy tenders are great.
You won’t be sorry.