Post-IPNC Oregon Pinot Noir Blind Tasting, 2008 Vintage, 7/27/15

It’s all about “the hat”.

[resizeableimage=400,220]Building High Performance Teams and Culture | 15Five Blog

RT

I’ll drop off a bottle of the 09 XVII for grins.

You’re bottling the 09 XVII? No way…

Way… it only took me 57 months get get it done. That is the luxury of owning your own line.

What’s the status of the bus from Portland? If I’m not mistaken I believe I am now officially on the attendees list.

[/quote]
What’s the status of the bus from Portland? If I’m not mistaken I believe I am now officially on the attendees list.[/quote]

You are definitely “official” with Todd’s withdrawal.

The rates when I called aren’t as good as what’s on their website, shockingly enough. They want $100 an hour and at 6+ hours, that’s feeling hefty for only 8 folks. I will call around today and see if we can get uh, less luxurious transport.

I will be sending out notes to each participant in the next few days confirming the wine each will bring on the 27th.

If anyone needs to drop out please let me know as soon as possible so we can let those on the wait list know.

Looking forward to a great afternoon!

Thanks,

Andy

Notes have been sent to each participant to confirm attendance and wines. Please respond as soon as you can.

Jim Anderson - are you in?

Here is the revised attendee and wait list:

Attendees:
Ken Pahlow
Erica Landon
Andy Steinman
Steve Miller
Marcus Goodfellow
Gaironn Poole
Greg Malcolm
Doug Ackerman
Durstin Selfridge
Rick Allen
Richard Trimpi
Joanne Trimpi
Todd Hamina
Jeff Hoofard
Ian Burch
John Grochau
Mile Passo
Jim Diven
Peter Hickner
Bill Jones
Boyd Pearson
Chas Stiltner
Andrew Rich
Mark Stevens
Paul Willenberg
Vincent Fritzsche
Bob Crenshaw
Glenn Levine
Mel Levine
Jean Yates
Dan Rinke
John Osburn
Shane Clayton
Sandra Miller
Preston Schram
Jim Anderson?

Wait List:

Doug Uno
Todd Hansen

Well, it seems that due to the vagaries of the production parameters of this fragmenting of the audience to the cable television, carnivals, water parks…

That and a million other things not least of which will be recovering from and cleaning up after the Patricia Green Cellars 15th Anniversary Shindig the day before (contact us for details) will prevent me from attending this year. Just think of how much lower the grumpy curmudgeon factor will be this year.

I was unsuccessful in securing a reasonably priced ride, so instead, I’m going to make a rice based dish for everyone to share after the tasting to help soak up any alcohol you forgot to spit. Leaning gumbo but maybe paella.

Paul – I appreciate your efforts to keep everyone safe and comfortable but I wouldn’t sweat it. Laurellyn and I never successfully got our buzz on at any of these events, even with 30 or so wines. There is always plenty of good juice prior to the tasting but I never want to drink/swallow much of it and ruin my palate for the tasting. Then, after the tasting when I feel like I can drink a few, all the wines people brought seem to be gone!!

Jim-No worries about the curmudgeon factor present. Hamina, Dan, Andrew, and myself will all come in with out coffee and hungover. Between the four of us we should almost cover for you :wink:

Sounds like I wrangled a spot and somehow had some wines that nobody else submitted. [cheers.gif]

Looking forward to it… I’ve been working my butt off lately and taking a Monday to hang out with old friends and new will be a great pleasure. It will also be great to sample such a wide range of 08’s since I have been keeping my hands off and drinking other vintages.

Since the bus deal fell through I’ll be driving down from SE PDX in a Ford Excursion if anyone wants to grab a ride. Or has a LOT of wine they want to transport [drinkers.gif]

Good Morning Everyone,

We’re only 6 days away. Everyone has been contacted and should be clear on what they are bringing. If you aren’t please let me know ASAP. This year we plan to hand out a “cheat sheet” of all the flights after the event so we are counting on everyone to bring the specific wines they committed to. It looks to be a great line-up!

Please arrive at Walter Scott, 6130 Bethel Heights Road NW, Salem, OR 97304 by Noon. It is really important that everyone be on time to allow us to set up the blind flights and begin promptly at 12:30.

Here is the “final” attendee list:

Attendees (34):

Ken Pahlow
Erica Landon
Andy Steinman
Steve Miller
Marcus Goodfellow
Gaironn Poole
Greg Malcolm
Doug Ackerman
Durstin Selfridge
Rick Allen
Richard Trimpi
Joanne Trimpi
Jeff Hoofard
Ian Burch
John Grochau
Mile Passo
Jim Diven
Peter Hickner
Bill Jones
Boyd Pearson
Chas Stiltner
Andrew Rich
Mark Stevens
Paul Willenberg
Vincent Fritzsche
Bob Crenshaw
Dan Rinke
John Osburn
Shane Clayton
Sandra Miller
Preston Schram
Todd Hansen
Tom Mortimer
Eric Schwenter

If you need to cancel, please let us know. If you have any questions/concerns, please contact me at andy@walterscottwines.com or (908)-310-0646.

Looking forward to a great afternoon!

Looks like a fun group! The 08’s I’ve been opening lately have shown nicely.

Great job Andy!

IPNC kicks off on Friday (actually, Thurs dinners). Very much looking forward to the whole weekend and a great exploration of the 08s!

RT

Should be a great weekend capped off with some tight wines on Monday!

Can we open them at 10:00am?!

Rich-2013s and old whites in your honor this Thursday! Come by the TR, 2013 is shaping up well…in a “Trimpi” sort of way.

Have fun, was never able to get a response from E&K. Hope you have the strms you need, if not let me know and I maybe we can arrange something. Cheers.

I’m actually a bit nervous about this tasting with all of you experts in the room. :astonished: