SF Bay Area/Peninsula OL June 17 - Donato

I’m really ok with anywhere we go.
Maybe Donato since we haven’t been in a while.

Andrea, welcome - added you to the list.
Just be aware of the DRC entry fee.

Jk Andrea- our only criteria is don’t bring crap.

:slight_smile:
Thank you! Looking forward to it… is there a theme for the night?

Theme is don’t bring crap :poop:

2013 Rhys Bearswallow Chardonnay
2001 Ahlgrens Cabernet Bates Ranch Santa Cruz
2013 Under the Wire Chardonnay Sparkling
Bringing 2 of these three.

Robert I’m hoping you bring the Ahlgren? A double piece of Santa Cruz Mts history and a young outstanding cabernet vintage in the mts not just in Napa.

Don’t mind bringing it but I have had some problems with corks from them. Bought loads from them when they were unloading their cellar. My main experience with aged wine was through Alhgren. I just know it has a shot of being off. Wish I had held back on some.

Should we do Donato?

I’m sorry, the fire marshal has prohibited me from attending an event this large.

Robert this is exactly the group upon which to inflict risky wines. Fifteen other wines to enjoy if it’s dead. Which is unlikely. I bring low ullage old wines (burgs) half the time they are dead . Half the time yummy. I’m not the only person in the group who would be very intrigued by Ahlgren plus Bates.

I just contacted Juan, the Donato GM. Update when I get his reply.

Just talked to some steakhouse in San Mateo on 3rd avenue called Porterhouse that said they would be willing to host us with no corkage. I also told them we would need one long table and assume they would put us in a private room or space but that can be confirmed. We can add this to the list or use if need be. Prices are on the high side since it is a steakhouse, so I would assume that is the only drawback. I have never eaten at the establishment but it seems pretty decent/good from the menu? Amount of people should not be an issue either…update: they can hold up to 18 people at one large private table. Not sure we want to spend this much per person ($75+), but an option if need be and something different.

Sandi and I have been to Porterhouse a couple of times. It’s been a few years (3-4?) since we’ve been, but we did like it.

Still no word from Donato. Hopefully, Juan isn’t on vacation.

Looks like this would be the best value at porterhouse. Don’t really care where we go but figured I would pass along this banquet menu which should/could apply. Otherwise the off the menu may be pricier or harder to calculate for everyone.
EC0B516A-8257-4894-97E6-EE564C82979C.jpg

Let me ping the girl I know at Donato; otherwise best bet will be Divino.

Sounds good to me!

Andrew and Craig - you guys in?
If not, I may bring a friend.

Too big for me. I think we need to split into Peninsula and South Bay.

Don’t be a party pooper! Come hangout and drink some fun wines.

I should be available. Put me on the list!