St Pete / Tampa Recs (plus Clearwater Beach too)

Fantastic experience at Casa Santo Stefano. The still steaming bread is off the charts, crusty like a calzone and hollow like a pita. Great all Sicilian wine list, larger than the online list.

1 Like

Good to hear Glenn. We had another great dinner there last week.

We got a lucky invite last night to Il Ritorno to see Chef Dave take on Bobby Flay in a Beat Bobby Flay episode. 10 course dinner and a successful win for Chef Dave. He’ll be running a new version of his Short Rib Mezzaluna winning dish for the next few weeks.

Do you know how much corkage is at Il Ritorno?

Paul- I believe $25 and limit of one bottle but that might have changed as their GM who ran the wine program has moved on and they have cut down on the list. You might want to check. We had a decent young Montapulcino for $55

[/quote]

Do you know how much corkage is at Il Ritorno?
[/quote]

1 Like

Thanks for posting this. Was in town for Mothers Day weekend, popped in and picked up 4-5 bottles - fun shop.
My new goto for St. Pete, felt no need to drive up to Tarpon Springs…

1 Like

If you need stellar schnitzel, and who doesn’t, try the German Knodle on Central Ave. We have been twice now, delicious. And their potato salad is the real deal too.

Heading to play golf for a few days at Innisbrook in Palm Harbor over by Dunedin and Tarpon Springs. Wondering if there are any specific recs in that area? Food and or good spots to hang out for drinks. Looks like some decent breweries as well.

Good time to be coming to the area Joe.

Restaurants
Casa Ludovico Palm Harbor- Good Italian spot for that area
The Little Lamb Bistro- Safety Harbor one of our favorite spots and solid food option with good cocktails and decent wine list. also corkage friendly.
The Black Pearl Dunedin- fine dining
Hogfish Grill- Dunedin - casual seafood
HOB Brewery- great spot in downtown Dunedin. Only Brewery we’ve been too
Thirsty Marlin- good casual spot for drinks and live music in Palm Harbor. I’d eat somewhere else.
Anthony’s Coal Fired Pizza or Nona Slice- 2 Solid pizza spots and good spots to watch the games in Safety Harbor

I heard Little Lamb expanded but I haven’t been in a while. Burger there was great last time I was there which was right around when Covid was getting started. Headed to St. Pete tomorrow.

They have Paul. They got the space next door and actually finished the build out right before Covid. Dining room has more than doubled and they added a full bar. Plenty of room to spread out as well so for many reasons it’s been our go to spot. The Roast Chicken and Steak currently on the menu are excellent.

1 Like

Thank you both

Echo this recommendation. One of my go-to lunch spots when I’m in the office. Their jaegerschnitzle is absolutely delicious!

And just to add to this list for any future forum searches - Lingr Restaurant is a fairly new addition with an incredible revolving menu and interesting (and reasonably priced) wine list to boot.

1 Like

Interesting menu. I will try it next time I’m in the area.

1 Like

Lingr looks like one of the most interesting new openings in the area. The menu looks great and on our list to try.

Solid meal this weekend at Little Lamb in Safety Harbor. Ponte Midtown should be finally opening soon in Tampa.

We enjoyed Lingr very much on our last trip. It was actually our favorite meal of the trip. Looking forward to trying newly opened Allelo in St Pete on our next trip and a return visit to Lingr.

https://ilovetheburg.com/allelo-st-pete-opening/ Any update?

We love Allelo. We’ve been there three or four times. They’ve tinkered with the menu from opening day and a couple things we loved early on got taken off the menu but we’ve enjoyed everything we’ve had. Most plates are sized to share. Do not miss the lamb bolognese!. They stopped taking reservations for outdoor tables but you can specify a preference when you make a reservation.

I did a quick Berns run and hit Boulon for lunch. Chef Hab who was in charge at Berns for 20+ years is running the show. French Brasserie style food. The food was good. Wine list was just ok.

1 Like

Tampa has come along way in the last few years. This should be very interesting. Opening next to Rocca

1 Like