Tempting wine purchases you’ve passed on—give others a shot

Fac Similes gone! :open_mouth:

The Bottle List also has great prices on 2019 Lauer GG’s (pre-arrival). Solid 20-25% lower than any other US offers I’ve seen.

In this case I did not pass, but still giving others a shot!

My first DRC was a 1990 Romanee St Vivant, it was a employee Friday night bottle and we paid $125 which was probably cost. For something more realistic, I remember having multiple vintages of 90’s Lafon Volnay Santenots du Milieu on the shelf for $35 and nobody would buy them.

I do like the idea of this thread though, let’s keep it up!

Well I, for one, appreciate any tips like this one - too bad this shop doesn’t seem to ship out of state or I’d have been all over it.

Wine Club had almost a case total of 2014 Rhys Alpine and Horseshoe Chardonnay the other day for $59.99 a bottle. I didn’t buy but convinced my neighbors to buy some. There are a few still left.

K&L just posted a few Wind Gap and Agharta wines at nice markdowns from “standard” pricing, plus the 2015 Qupé “Sawyer-Lindquist” Marsanne at $20 (citing $28 as regular price).

They also posted the 2018 Theopolis Petite for about the same price as the BD price.

Also a bunch of 2015-2018 Aubert wines but I don’t follow them so I don’t know if those are a deal or not.

What was the pricing?

LC18 for $320

This looks like it could be a bait and switch… but if not… great deal

https://wineparity.com/shop/2437709/

2016 Burlotto Monvigliero for $105

Ditto. I tried two different shipping addresses and then gave up. Still, tips like this are great!

1 Like

ZachysDC small Tuscan sale up to 50%

Castellare I Sodi '15 @ $63
WS best $79

Don’t know the level of interest but I would have jumped on this if K&L would ship to NY or NJ:

2018 Wirsching Iphöfer Scheurebe Trocken (dry) Franken
$29.99

Artemis Karamolegos Assyrtiko 34 Santorini 2018 $54.95 down to $19.99
Karamolegos Assyrtiko Pyritis Mega Cuvee Santorini 2017 $84.98 down to $29.99

Bought some of each already. Can’t understand why they are still there.

https://www.winex.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=greece

1 Like

I bought 2 of 3 but Benchmark has one left of a Damp stained label 1990 Haut Brion for 730. Last one won’t last long.

Looks like a solid buy
Aurélien Verdet Hautes-Côtes de Nuits Le Prieuré 2018

Edit: gone
Edit 2: offer back up

Wally tent sale has a couple deals. Picked up a mag of 17 beaucastel for 140. There are some other deals, not many.

67 Wine and Spirits (NY) has 2016 Dunn Napa Valley listed at $49/bottle if purchased in case quantity. They have super limited ship-to states, so wasn’t able to take advantage myself, even after checking my state, talking to one of their employees and then checking the states of my immediate family. Hopefully it works for someone and isn’t just a pricing error.

Pretty solid deal. Grabbed a case. Thanks for the heads up

Same, thank you. Even with their ridiculous shipping charges, still a great deal

Free local delivery makes this a no brainer for anyone in NYC. Glad the math with shipping out west still works out in your favour.

2 Likes