The Other Walker Brother's Wine Project: Faith Winery

I was thinking this one might be apropos:

She was born. And born again!

Yes but not for wine.
It’s for… deadhorse deadhorse deadhorse

Considering I have no Burg at all in my cellar, I’ll move on to something else.

Hey! What about Santa Cruz? I hear there’s some really good wine that’s going to be coming out of there pretty soon.

Anyhow, if his wine making is of the same quality as his writing, good luck with the endeavor.

So was he boasting about kicking people out of their homes in the mortgage meltdown and getting rich off it or something? So hard to follow but the kernel is not so appealing. Wonder what his little brother thinks of this.

I particularly liked the “Black Mafia” part…

He’s letting you know he’s a stud without explicitly saying so.

Does anybody else see this as coming across as him making a vintage of wine already in France:

“By 2013 I had been bitten, and in 2014 I had my first vintage under my belt. 1er Cru Pinot Noir from a little town called Santenay.”

If so I haven’t heard of it, nor seen it. I really don’t think he’s talking about drinking it, as I would assume he would have had far better drinking than that prior to 2014.

He’s already endearing himself to the WB Community!

download.jpg

This thread’s views: 2004 and climbing.

I think he’s a little sensitive where WB is concerned. Really bizarre interaction. Sure hope, for his sake, he can control the anger or he’s going to have issues growing a brand where personal interaction with the customer base is important.

Thankfully, his interactions with the community on the MI thread were introspective and carefully considered.

He posted there? I didn’t frequent that thread since I was not a customer and knew it was off the rails. Was just surprised at how quickly he jumped at me on the FB page when I attempted to point out his poorly worded posting. C’est la vie.

What a great story.

"The real estate guys had me for my real estate failures, and they promised me a deal. They said a lot of things to me. They said “Burgundy this” and “Pinot noir that” and finally “do you want to be a winemaker?” What do I care about wine, so I said “yeah, sure”
frank.jpg

FAITH = f*ck, Another Impending Trainwreck Happening
pileon deadhorse hitsfan

“Oh, sorry Brian. I meant to address about seven individuals who I feel have painted my brother’s and my operations less than tastefully. Obviously I didn’t mean to paint the entire community with a broad stroke.”

Maybe I should get into PR?

There’s more there, but here’s a flavor of his interactions with the community:

Richard E Walker wrote:
Hello…I am Ray’s brother. For those that doubt Ray makes his own wine or doubt that he takes his winery seriously, you do not truly know Ray and I can bet you have never visited him, especially during vendage. I saw a post saying Ray needs to address each of these issue individually. For who’s satisfaction? How can you satisfy the insatiable? Your hate mongering only validates that which has made Ray relevant and relegated the trolls to their current station. You want a soap box, you got it here preaching to the other impotent internet gangsters. If you are impressed by his story but feel let down by History, who’s to blame other than you and your unrealistic expectations? I’ve seen a young man inspire thousands through his thoughts and actions and he owes no one an apology, this is without exception. He’s taken on the task of a corporation or partnership with a working staff and done it basically single handedly! Out of necessity to be sure. Are you critics so egotistical to think that your opinions can sideline a feat like Ray’s with your hollow objections? Work on your own legacy and spend less time criticizing and hating, you’ll live a longer and more healthy life. I have been inspired by my brother and I’m sure many others can say the same. I hope to take the knowledge gained during harvest the past 2 years to start my own winery here in CA. Is this type of behavior common place or is it reserved just for Ray Walker? I ask because I hope that I would handle it with the dignity and grace my brother has shown. Through the adversities he has faced and the new responsibilities he has shown incredible poise and patience. No wonder so many of you cowards would rather sit on the sidelines lest you be judged as you judge. I’m not defending him, I’m certainly no “minion”…an upright man need not level with those unable to decipher right from wrong. Ray, keep up the good work. Maybe someone else here will have the dubious honor of having their life work picked apart and criticized for the delight of the incapable and insignificant.

It’s worth seeking out the others.

[welldone.gif]

Wow. This guy is one serious crybaby.