TN: 2015 Beta Cabernet Sauvignon Vare Vineyard

Opened a ‘13 Vare after all this rigmorale. Radiant. I don’t see a world where the ‘14 or ‘15 can compete with the ‘13. This one has the stuffing to go to infinity and beyond.

1 Like

Recently I decanted the 2013 Vare for about 2-3 hours and I drank the 2011 Montecillo over 3 days (just corking, not gassing the bottle) and by the 3rd day I thought it had opened up, flushed out and fully expressed itself.

I will have to open a 14 or 15 to see. The 13 is the best cab I’ve had in… idk, a really long time, and I’ve drank some pretty good cabs recently.

If you got an accusation to make go for it. Don’t pussy foot. :joy:

I wasn’t accusing Bobby.

Name the person on this thread that you are accusing. [wink.gif]

No shit Sherlock :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Wouldn’t want to get booted by the Mods.

This thread has me really confused.

I feel like the sarcasm has gone 180 degrees then 360 then maybe 720 so that I’m not even sure what people are actually saying or being ironic about. Folks are too clever. Hey, I had a Beta chardonnay last week and it was really good. I’d recently had one that was in an awkward phase and, in an amazing hall-of-fame customer service moment, Ketan more than made me whole for that experience.

1 Like

Confusion reigns supreme. I was having a nice time on the Internet discussing tasting experiences for a wine I’ve enjoyed and now I’m labeled the architect of a Pump and Dump Scheme by Fu because reasons unknown. Flip side to that was another Fu has demanded statues made in my and Beta Cabernet’s honor so go figure. Either the system is broken or it’s operating at peak efficiency!
9F6C51D9-DC08-4AE2-B2B3-190DAB982790.gif

It’s all fun and games until someone gets fu-ed up.

2 Likes

1FF4E032-672A-40B4-A7E3-7B71019184D3.jpeg
Drank this over two nights. For the first night half the bottle was decanted (5 hrs) in my 500ml Erlenmeyer, for the second night it was just out of bottle which had been recorked and stored in my wine fridge. No significant differences from what I could tell.

Effusive aromas of cherry and berries with a healthy complement of medicinal herbs. Palate is refreshing but not quite smooth yet. A great wine with food and drank beautifully after the meal. Definitely old school and my definition of a steak wine even if it isn’t most peoples definition. Overall a perfectly balanced wine with enticing aromas. Maybe comparing it to a young Barolo gives a better image than saying Napa Cab. That said, this definitely a Cab!

Super excited to visit on Th to see what new wines are coming!

1 Like

Great note Peter. You’re clearly a gentleman of refined taste who understands the nuance of fine wine.

1 Like

I have a feeling there are a lot of inside jokes we’re not privy to.

Just came back from the top of Diamond Mountain and spent 4 hrs tasting, eating and learning about Ketan’s philosophy. I’m not sure I need to explore Napa much more. Having hit gold why go for less!

What did you get to taste? Any more you can share?

When I get back to a bigger device!

1 Like

Damn, I was just ready to post my report on my visit to Ketan and Alex the day. Pressed the “save” and lost almost the entire write up. [swearing.gif]