Wait list times

They aren’t

1 Like

I see. What is it really?

1 Like

No idea, just know I’ve been on both >2 years. Imagine MacDonald is approaching double digits at least, no idea on UM, maybe if someone has a first time allocation tomorrow they can chime in

Ceritas about 1 year.

Anyone know Arnot-Roberts?
Enfield?

1 Like

I think you can just get Enfield and Arnot-Roberts. A-R just had their fall offering. Enfield has not happened yet.

1 Like

A-R has a wait?

MacDonald- waiting list for 3 years. Still waiting.

Only for the super secret bone dry Riesling. :wink: (sarcasm font alert)

1 Like

Received an email this year for SQN saying I would be added to the list, if still interested, for the next release. Had signed up about 8 years ago. I also received an offer for Saxum this year and signed up about 6 years ago.

I’m passing on both. Based on tasting notes, just don’t think it’s in my wheelhouse and not willing to spend the tariff to verify.

1 Like

Thanks Tom. I too got a Saxum offer this year after signing up in late 2012 for both Saxum and SQN. I received an email from SQN saying to be patient but no glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. My tastes are very different now as well (though I did take some Saxum to give it a try)

Funny enough, I’ve found cracking the world of Burgundy much easier.

I passed on Saxum too. Seems available on the secondary market at decent prices and I’ve mostly moved on from powerful Cali wines.

Someone upthread mentioned Cayuse at 5 years - I think I signed up like 7 years ago and still haven’t received an offer. I was lucky enough to get on the UM and MacDonald lists early, so set there.

Scott,
I thought you only bought wines that ship during heat waves! [wink.gif]
Sorry, I’ve had that happen too.
UM and McD’s are great lists to be on.
Cheers,
Warren

Thanks for the updates. Here is what I have so far:

Macdonald: 10+ years?
SQN: ???
Saxum: 7 years
Screaming Eagle: ???
Marcassin: ???
Ultramarine: ~3 years
Cayuse: 7+ years

And for those interested, the waitlist for the WD PCG: WD List

No love for scarecrow?

I am guessing he means how long he has been on the wait list, not the actual time to get a release.

Added

SQN: ???
Scarecrow: ???

I received an allocation to Saxum earlier this year and bought a few, then skipped the second release. Hopefully I will not get dropped. I received my first allocation to SQN this year but passed due to covid concerns. I emailed letting them know the situation, hopefully I will get an offer next time. Both took about seven or eight years to crack the list.

updated SQN time given a couple of recent data points

SQN: 8?
Scarecrow: ???

I signed up for Cayuse in 2011 and am still waiting, fwiw.

Scarecrow isn’t hard to get an allocation. I was offered (and bought) the 2015 and 2016, but passed on the 2017. And I never bought any of their second wines either.

1 Like