What is YOUR most recent wine purchase? (Part 1)

Last purchase was a week ago - my allocation of 2009 DRC La Tache and Echezeaux.
These are now safely tucked away in my cellar.

Hank [cheers.gif]

Hank gets the Winner Winner Chicken Diner award

Gevrey Chambertin Vieilles Vignes Domaine Fourrier 2008
Meursault Charmes H. Boillot 2010
Nuits Saint Georges Les Proces David Duband 2009
Pommard Rugiens H. Boillot 2010

What’s the inside scoop - drinking better than the vintage?

Thanks !

7 x 2010 Fevre Les Clos

One to drink early and six to stash away

A few bottles of 2010 Ridge Geyserville. This is an annual purchase.

Thanks,
Ed

I am finding that many 02 St Emilions are drinking very well right now. I have been following this one over the last four years and it appears to be in its window right now. I suspect it will hold at this level for a while and begin to decline. Full disclosure, there are some that would call this thin but I think it is beautifully balanced with lots of interest. It is not a wine that is going to keep for a long time, but there is a lot of pleasure in it right now.

2010 Dönnhoff NiederhÀuser Hermannshöhle Riesling SpÀtlese
2010 Willi Schaefer Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling SpÀtlese

A case of the '04 Guido Porro Barolo Santa Caterina and four mags of the 2010 Shafer-Frohlich Riesling GG’s.

A few each of Fevre Preusses 2010, Eva Fricke Lorcher Krone Trocken 2011, Schloss Lieser BJS GG and Niederberg Helden GG 2011 , Christ Gebler Muskateller 2010, Leroy Genavrieres 2007, Prum Welhener Sonnenuhr GKA 1988, Tattenger Comtes Magnums 1999, Schafer Frohlich Felsenek Spat 2010, Van Othegraven Kanzemer Altenberg Auslese 1975, Van Othegraven Kanzemer Berg 1969, and finally a Staatsweinguter Cabinet Steinberger Versteigerung Auction 1966

Sheesh, it’s hard to tell but I really do like red wine!

1 Like

Two of the best wines one could ever buy year in year out.

2003 James Leigh Cellars Spofford Station Syrah
2008 Doyenne AIX
1985 E. Guigal Hermitage
2000 E. Guigal Chateauneuf du Pape

It’s been a quiet month.

I need to get the Baker Ranch here STAT, so I can contribute to the virtual tasting thread. For a guy who is just diving in to the French wines, you sure seem to be doing it right with all the Dauvissat and Chidaine you’ve been drinking. [welldone.gif]

15 bottles of Kendric PN.

2001 Yquem
2003 Yquem
1985 Leoville Las Cases

nice but no Corton?
alan

A case of .375 lafaurie peyraguey 2004

6 magnums of 2010 Tempier Bandol RosĂ© (it’s summer here in Manila after all).

[basic-smile.gif] No, Alan. My importer just received a small amount of the Corton, so I thought it best that he
look after his other customers. I’m still not sure that I should be buying these wines any longer,
as the drinking window will probably be beyond mine. Habit, I suppose. [highfive.gif]

Hank [cheers.gif]

Good call. drool I wish I could try more of the 03 Yquem. It ranks as one of the best wines I’ve ever tried.