Your QPR of the Year - 2013

2010 La Massa IGT (Costco had it for $13)

You liked this that much now? or are you projecting where it will be after some time? Kinda academic because I don’t know where I could get more of it, but the bottle I opened was not very giving so I’m curious.

2006 Chalone Condor Estates Red (Rhone Blend) for $10. My wife loves it and she is picky about some of the $50 plus wines I open so back up the truck on this closeout.

'09 Monsanto Chianti Classico Riserva or the '11 Bedrock Old Vine Zin (opened my first in late summer…haven’t touched the '12s yet).

Revelation Red at Trader Joe’s - $4.99

Probably for me it’s going to again be the Rivers-Marie SC pinot noir, this time the 2011. I’ve yet to try the Carlisle Sonoma County zin so I’ll have to asterik my post here but the RM pinot is fantastic again this year and at 25 bucks, with what’s in that bottle. Pretty remarkable.

For me it is the 2011 Château d’Oupia, Les Heretiques imported by Dressner. It is 100% old-vine Carignan for only $10 in DC.

Aarn

2010 Pepiere Clisson
2010 Conti Costanti Rosso di Montalcino

Yes it is. The Bedrock Sonoma Old Vine Zinfandel is equally amazing.

2009 Faillenc Sainte-Marie Corbieres - $15 Rosenthal import from the Languedoc full of wild, dark, inky, herbal flavors. Just tons of character for the price.

2009 Foradori Teroldego. About $22. Delicious, round, juicy, tart plum/peach flavors.

2010 Ayres WV Pinot Noir. About $20. Really nice lacy red fruits with savory complexity.

I must be the last person to dig into the 2012 Bedrocks, but I haven’t touched mine yet. Sounds like the Old Vine zin and North Coast syrah will both be strong contenders.

Found a 1996 Domaine Fourrier Gevrey-Chambertin 1er Cru Clos St. Jacques buried on a shelf at a local liquor shop for $29.99 in June. That’s my all-time QPR.

2011 Finca Decero Malbec
Remolinos Vineyard $13

2011 Vinos Sin Ley
Old Vine Monastrell $12

Castellroig
Cava Brut
Finca Sabaté i Coca $17

2001 La Rioja Alta Rioja
Gran Reserva 904 $38

Kumeu River
Estate Chardonnay 2009 $25

Kumeu River Chardonnay 2009
Hunting Hill Vineyard $33

2009 La Spinetta
Barbera d’Asti
Cà di Pian $17

Veleta Noladós 2007 $16

Marsannay 2010
Les Champs Perdrix
Derey Frères $30

Raventós i Blanc de Nit
Cava 2008 $18

2012 Massican Sauvignon
2012 Massican Sauvignon Juliana
2010 Louis M. Martini Cabernet Sauvignon Alexander Valley

All just obnoxiously good wines for the money.

Quivet Las Madres Syrah remains the best QPR for the year.
Rivers Marie Panek Cabernet Sauvignon is my number 2.
Sojourn Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir is 3.

Ooops! A bit early in the day for that kind of error:). Started the response, sidetracked, got back to it without really reading what I had already written, and there you go! Was in the middle of watching the Vikings / Cowboys game. Obviously multi-tasking isn’t my strength;)

LOL…my bad. But yeah, I like it [cheers.gif]. I could say that I was hoping Barry would count it twice in his poll if I mentioned it twice. But no…just operator error / lack of proofreading on my part.

I paid just over $20 for the 2011 Paul Jacqueson Mercurey 1er Cru Les Naugues.

Took a flyer on a producer I didn’t know because the 2009 was recommended by Kevin Harvey and Andrew Morris. Although young, really delicious, nice balance & complexity and should only get better. At the price, wish I had purchased a case.

Hands down, Turtle Rock’s lineup from Paso. $18 to $24 range for all of their wines.

2011 Gonon St. Joseph
2011 Maison Bleue JaJa- $15.99 at Costco

BigVine Zin $12 from Last Bottle.